bottlenecking?

Hi im new to pc building and i cant tell if im bottlenecking what part in my pc do i need to change to make the bottleneck stop?

https://imgur.com/qh3DUR5    EDIT: Specs  i36100 ,  xfx rx480 black edition 8GB , 16gb ddr4 ,Asus B250-H , Western digital 500GB ssd.

Edited by CrackedPeanut
Title Edit

That graph is part of a picture. What is your cpu? 

Though going just by that information, your gpu is the bottleneck, but only just, which is what you want

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Need a list of all your specs to be able to really tell, but based on that screenshot, your CPU isn't at 100%, so it looks like your GPU is what is maxing out. 

Side note: You will ALWAYS have a bottleneck somewhere, either your CPU will be too slow to fully utilize your GPU or vice versa. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you are having performance issues. It can also happen with slow memory/HDD instead of SSD, or a slower/not enough PCI-E lanes on your motherboard, but not very common issues of bottle-necking.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Your HDD is the bottleneck in every modern computer. You need to give us your system specs if you want the solution to your problem. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

31 minutes ago, CrackedPeanut said:

24 minutes ago, Arika S said:

That graph is part of a picture. What is your cpu? 

Though going just by that information, your gpu is the bottleneck, but only just, which is what you want

Need a list of all your specs to be able to really tell,

You making us work there, but yeah ppl wont bother to use mouse to click, just copy and paste for better quality replies.

8 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Need a list of all your specs to be able to really tell, but based on that screenshot, your CPU isn't at 100%, so it looks like your GPU is what is maxing out. 

Side note: You will ALWAYS have a bottleneck somewhere, either your CPU will be too slow to fully utilize your GPU or vice versa. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you are having performance issues. It can also happen with slow memory/HDD instead of SSD, or a slower/not enough PCI-E lanes on your motherboard, but not very common issues of bottle-necking.

So ur saying that my GPU is worse than my CPU or my CPU is better than my GPU?

7 hours ago, CrackedPeanut said:

So ur saying that my GPU is worse than my CPU or my CPU is better than my GPU?

Based on your screenshot, your CPU is a little better than your GPU as your GPU is near 100% usage and your CPU is around 75%. So in your case your GPU is the bottleneck. But again, unless you are having performance issues, it shouldn't be an issue. You can get a better GPU but then your CPU will be your bottleneck, you still get better performance for each step up, (i.e. a gtx 1070, 1080, and 1080 ti would all be increasingly better performance) but they wouldn't be fully utilized if you kept your current CPU, as you would need a more powerful CPU that can max out (keep up with) your GPU. 

No matter what you do one of those will be bottlenecking the other, that's just how it is. Do note with your current CPU, a 1080 ti would still get better performance than a 1080, a 1080 would still be better than a 1070 and so on down the line even if you are maxing out your CPU. It's not a hard cutoff like "the CPU is at 100% so I won't get any more performance out of a better GPU" it's just more "my CPU is holding my GPU back from unlocking its full potential" If that helps clear it up a bit. Hope this helps!

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

18 hours ago, CrackedPeanut said:

Specs  i36100

Yup, thats going to hold back your RX 480. Not in Fortnite though.