Getting files off non-bootable drives

Hi

So Ive just built a computer for someone out of spare parts, when I say spares I really do mean the last few bits of computer lying around, as a result there is not too many items in excess, in particular Storage Drives which brings me onto a problem, the machine is going to use two drives, one for boot and one for storage. The problem is both have files on them which need saving before they can be wiped clean for a new install, unfortunately neither are bootable with their current version of Windows. I do not have any alternative device I can install these drives into at the moment

So what I am basically after is another way to boot into some form of OS on the new machine containing these drives, it needs to be an OS that lets me copy select files from these drives onto a NAS or external drive (preferably the first option) I would rather not install whatever this is on either of these drives so I figured the best option is a linux distro bootable from disk? Is this the best option and if so any ideas which one is good for this?

Make a USB with either Ubuntu or Hirens (Any Linux distro really) I've just used Ubuntu those few times I've been in the same situation. But I don't think you'll see any big differences on picking a specific Linux distro, over another.

^^ Ubuntu is the best :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Thank you, The equipment shortages around here is quite severe to be honest, I don't have any spare flash drives lol. I guess booting from disk still works with Ubuntu?