Newer games run terrible on Win7

UnstableAdrian

Hey guys!

I have noticed that recently that the newer games i bought like Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 1 dont run quite good

I have pretty good specs actually which makes me wonder if i need to upgrade to windows 10 considering DirectX12(?).

I get around 40fps at best on them.

----specs----

-i7 4770 (non k)

-12gb ddr3

-evga gtx titan x (haswell)

-750w psu 

Just now, Od1sseas said:

Install Windows 10

Boom, problem solved

yeah i play some older games i just dont wanna update to windows 10 and not be able to keep all my old files

6 minutes ago, UnstableAdrian said:

yeah i play some older games i just dont wanna update to windows 10 and not be able to keep all my old files

Most older games will still run on Windows 10, even if they require some compatibility settings. If your system is 64x architecture just make the leap to Windows 10. Do remember that Windows 7 is approaching 10 years old, and was not made to run newer releases.

Just now, TunDrik said:

Most older games will still run on Windows 10, even if they require some compatibility settings. If your system is 64x architecture just make the leap to Windows 10. Do remember that Windows 7 is approaching 10 years old, and was not made to run newer releases.

what will i lose if i update to it, like i dont want to reinstall all my games and go looking for my videos and pictures

2 minutes ago, UnstableAdrian said:

what will i lose if i update to it, like i dont want to reinstall all my games and go looking for my videos and pictures

If you make a Windows 10 install USB, and boot into it, you should have the option to upgrade windows (Not overwriting your current drive) which would preserve all of your files, just giving you a newer version of windows

1 minute ago, TunDrik said:

If you make a Windows 10 install USB, and boot into it, you should have the option to upgrade windows (Not overwriting your current drive) which would preserve all of your files, just giving you a newer version of windows

can you find me a tutorial that show how to do it

10 minutes ago, UnstableAdrian said:

can you find me a tutorial that show how to do it

Try this one: 

1 hour ago, TunDrik said:

Try this one: 

its says my video card isnt compatible

"

This device isn't compatible in Windows 10. Contact the manufacturer for more info.
img\classicon_{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}.png
NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
(NVIDIA)
You'll have problems with your display in Windows 10"

Installing Windows 10 shouldn't really change overall game performance across a wide spectrum of games. There are as many games that run slower in Windows 10 as there are games that run faster in Windows 10. I don't see significant performance difference between Windows 7 and 10 when I use one or the other OS.

Battlefield 1, and other DX12 games, actually loses performance in DX 12 mode. Battlefield 1 runs pretty well on my i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz with a GTX 1070 in both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Also, Windows 10's Game Mode actually decreases gaming performance.

What's your settings and FPS range for Battlefield 1?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, TunDrik said:

The core of Windows 10 is even older than that. Windows 7, 8, and 10 are all built on top of Vista and feature small iterations over each previous OS, while the cores of them remains mostly the same. Windows 10 is still mostly Windows Vista, and its internal capabilities are even more identical to Windows 7.

Windows 10 is a slightly-modified iteration of Windows 7 and so anything that Windows 10 can run, Windows 7 should also be able to run - unless a developer puts in an artificial restriction to make a game Windows 10-only like Microsoft does with UWP and also DX12.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Agree with Delicieuxz; The windows 10 only improves your UI experience and also fixes some vulnerability and security issues. Which does not impact on the gaming experience.