My SSD is underperforming

I have a 240GB A400 Kingston SSD, that if you look at their website says that it should have 500 MB/s read and 350MB/s write speeds. But when I've benchmarked it with the userbenchmark benchmark, it's been in the bottom 1-5 percentile. I've swapped the SATA cable and it is definetly SATA 3, used different SATA ports on the motherboard. I have one of these drives for my laptop and it performs at the rated speeds, but I cannot figure out why this drive is so slow.

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

I have a 240GB A400 Kingston SSD, that if you look at their website says that it should have 500 MB/s read and 350MB/s write speeds. But when I've benchmarked it with the userbenchmark benchmark, it's been in the bottom 1-5 percentile. I've swapped the SATA cable and it is definetly SATA 3, used different SATA ports on the motherboard. I have one of these drives for my laptop and it performs at the rated speeds, but I cannot figure out why this drive is so slow.

If your SSD has a lot of data on it, lets say you only have 25 GB left, that might be the reason.

SSD can slow down up to 40-50% when they are 3/4 full

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

It has 82GBs of space left on it, the test says that it only needs 30GBs to perform normally.

I believe that is one of the QLC drives with a limited amount of SLC cache, so how fast it performs will depend on the file sizes.  Not sure if it has a DRAM cache on top of that, probably not being a budget drive.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

It is a TLC drive and on my laptop it's working at advertised speeds.

Update: I've deleted some programs and now have 100GBs of free space, ran the test again and same result.

Update 2: I've updated the BIOS for my motherboard and it has bumped the score upto the bottom 35 percentile.