High End Gaming PC running Windows 7 os

TotallyFakeAkshay

Hi Guys

So I Use a Windows 10 laptop and my uncle have a old windows 7 on his old 2009 ThinkPad

When I asked why didn't he upgraded to a new PC and he was like "I can only use Windows 7 comfortably and no other OS suits me and only old PC's can run it comfortably"

So after I watched Linus's new video, I thought of the building a High end PC with new components running Windows 7 for him

He uses Cad softwares and 3d applications daily and sometimes light gaming on his laptop

So pls reply down

Thanks

Win7 only get security updates until January 2020 so with a new system I would seriously adapt to Win10. It's not that different tbh, he'll get used to it quickly. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

Win7 only get security updates until January 2020 so with a new system I would seriously adapt to Win10. It's not that different tbh, he'll get used to it quickly. 

Actually I was thinking the same thing but after it gets obsoleted then I'll upgrade it to updated windows in the future

I know that Win 10 is easy to use. I too was using the same laptop until I got my new laptop, but my uncle doesn't understand about the settings menu, start screen, action centre and other features. So he still uses the old Laptop.

It's possible to do.

Windows 7 should run on modern Intel hardware without an issue, but you probably have to add some drivers to the Windows 7 installer beforehand. The necessary drivers should be automatically added if you use MSI Smart Tool to create a bootable USB 3 installer:

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=261560.0

Though I don't know if it's necessary, I would look for a motherboard that includes chipset drivers specifically for Windows 7. Gigabyte has some for Intel and AMD, and Intel was reportedly preparing chipset drivers for Windows 7:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13201/intel-preps-h310-revision-with-win7-coffee-lake-support

Microsoft has added an artificial "hardware not supported" message when people try to use Windows Update on a newer CPU, but that fake message can be easily permanently removed with this patch: https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

Security updates for the average Windows 7 owner ends in 2020, but if your uncle doesn't do any sketchy web browsing then it should be safe without security updates, and especially if it has some 3rd-party antivirus or antimalware software on it. Security updates for Windows 7 will actually continue until 2023, though I think the post-2020 security updates are only available to businesses that pay for them. That said, I expect them to be accessible for all Windows 7 systems with a little tweaking, just like the for-business Windows XP security updates can easily be downloaded by everyone.

I've run Windows 7 for the past 3 years without any security updates and without any virus or malware protection, and it's been fine for me. I checked the health of my system with AV / AM software once not too long ago and no problems were found.

There's a June 2015-updated ISO of Windows 7 Ultimate for download in this post, if that helps:

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Once I upgraded it to win 10 but he can't use the modern features like settings menu, start menu, action center etc.

So I downgraded it to win 7

6 minutes ago, AKSHAYROG said:

Once I upgraded it to win 10 but he can't use the modern features like settings menu, start menu, action center etc.

So I downgraded it to win 7

You can also look into a start menu replacement for Windows 10 like startisback, and there are others. They make the start menu look like and behave like the Windows 7 start menu.

If you use startisback, and maybe some of the other start menu replacements, the old Control Panel menu can be used for settings instead of Windows 10's settings panel. However, you'll still have to use the Win 10 settings panel to configure and turn off some things like action centre notifications, cloud-hosting of Windows 10 updates, and maybe some spying and data-harvesting settings.

I think that the Windows 10 action centre is awful and I disable it in my Windows 10 OS.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987