Monitor cause eye redness and feel burning sensation.

Ibrahim Pasha

Hello,

I recently bought "AOC G2460VQ6" and despite it's claim of flicker free or anti blue light it causes my eyes to slowly turn red and feel burning sensation.

My old "ASUS VW220" didn't cause any discomfort at all and I tried to switch back to it and all my eye problems are gone.

Then I switch back to my new AOC monitor and symptoms start appearing again.

What do you think that causes this and if you are going to say buy a new monitor can you recommend me a specific model?

Edit:

I am using f.lux for last 4 years and it is set to "Reduce Eye Strain" mode.

I don't think there is problem with blinking as in my other monitor there is no problem.

1 month ago I went to 3 different Eye Doctors for other reasons and they all said my eyes are fine.

Brightness of monitor is set to 0 and contrast is set to 10.

I don't see any other difference from this and my old monitor is that old one was LCD and this one is WLED.

Have you tried blinking? 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Ibrahim Pasha said:

Hello,

I recently bought "AOC G2460VQ6" and despite it's claim of flicker free or anti blue light it causes my eyes to slowly turn red and feel burning sensation.

My old "ASUS VW220" didn't cause any discomfort at all and I tried to switch back to it and all my eye problems are gone.

Then I switch back to my new AOC monitor and symptoms start appearing again.

What do you think that causes this and if you are going to say buy a new monitor can you recommend me a specific model?

Try a blue light filter, like f.lux. Also try turning the brightness down a bit.

Try nightlight on WIndows 10 and see if it helps. In any case I would advice you to get an eye checkup.

My Rigs:

Spoiler

System 1:

Spoiler

Purpose: Gaming

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 | Mobo: Asrock B150M Pro4 Hyper | GPU: MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G | Storage: 120GB SSD ADATA + 1 TB Seagate Baracuda | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz | PSU: 600 Watt Cooler Master B600 | Display: LG 24MP88HM-S FHD Monitor | Accessories: ASUS Cerberus Gaming KB & Mouse Kit

System 2:

Spoiler

Purpose - NAS/Virtualization

OS: Ubuntu KDE 18.04 | CPU: Core i3 4130 | Mobo: Gigabyte H81M DS2 | RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair VS550 | DVD Drive: LG DVD Multi | Display: Acer G195HQ | Storage: 4TB 1+1+2 | Accessories: Logitech Classic K100 & Leviathan ELE G1 Gaming Mouse.

Laptop: Lenovo Essentials B490

Spoiler

Purpose: Server - HP ProLiant DL360 Gen5

OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 | CPU: 2 x Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 4 Cores | RAM : 16 GB DDR2 ECC | Storage: 146GB SAS Disk

Sound System: Creative SBS A-120 2.1

There are alot of DSE practises that you should be doing to prevent eye strain and redness.

1. 20-20-20 Rule

Look away at your monitor for 20 seconds at something around 20 feet away, and do this every 20 minutes.

This will reset your eyes every now and then so your eyes don't suffer from strain from looking at an articial LED for an extended period of time.

2. Blink.

As simple as it sounds, blinking every few seconds lubricates your eyes so the rays off your monitor do not affect your retinas as much as if your eyes were completely dry from now blinking.

3. Blue light filtering

There are plenty of blue light filtering methods, such as

• Built-in Windows night light feature
  • Setting the warmth on your monitor
  • Buying some blue light filtering glasses

I would also advise that you visit your doctor and have your eyesight checked, as suffering from deteriorating eyesight from a computer monitor is irreversible and you cannot recover from it. Have it checked out.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I have the same issue generally with TVs and office monitors. Especially calibrated ones.

My eyes seem to be more sensitive to light as I can definitely see more than others in dark conditions. I don't know if we're the same though.

However I would tell you to try lowering gamma settings in your display, if it's via graphics driver, windows, or the monitor itself. If it doesn't solve anything, try moving down brightness, then contrast.

Back when I was working in an office, I have my standard TN panel 4:3 HP monitors set to 0% brightness and 35% contrast.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

@YoloSwag @seoz @Navneet @1kv

I am using f.lux for last 4 years and it is set to "Reduce Eye Strain" mode.

I don't think there is problem with blinking as in my other monitor there is no problem.

1 month ago I went to 3 different Eye Doctors for other reasons and they all said my eyes are fine.

Brightness of monitor is set to 0 and contrast is set to 10.

I don't see any other difference from this and my old monitor is that old one was LCD and this one is WLED.

What are your thoughts?