Running Fedora 16 on a 4th gen NUC

Has anyone done this successfully? No matter which setting I change in the BIOS the installation freezes in the same place. it stops at 1.717920

Any help is welcomed,

Thank you!

PS it has to be 16

Click clack click clack

I need to run 16 because I'm being paid to run 16

Click clack click clack

Why would run such an old version of Fedora on a new piece of hardware. I recommend that you install something new like Fedora 20 (or whatever the latest one is). If not try Arch Linux or Ubuntu as they do a good job as well.

Customer request

Click clack click clack

Customer request

With such an old version of fedora, it may not support the hardware in the nuc, it would be best advised to indicate that to the client. Also find out their reasosns, if its to do with windowmanager etc, that can easily be swapped out.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

With such an old version of fedora, it may not support the hardware in the nuc, it would be best advised to indicate that to the client. Also find out their reasosns, if its to do with windowmanager etc, that can easily be swapped out.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The reason he wants it is that he runs his own Perl code on his existing machine with 16. I think he is worried about compatibility. 

Click clack click clack

Could you post some more details? From a quick google search it could be the integrated graphics chip that causes problems with the bootloader.

That's kind of what I was thinking. The reason he wants it is that he runs his own Perl code on his existing machine with 16. I think he is worried about compatibility. 

Well, find out what version of perl he is running and downgrade it to that, though not upgrading because one is too lazy to maintain their own code is an odd reason..

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

ignore

Click clack click clack

Well, find out what version of perl he is running and downgrade it to that, though not upgrading because one is too lazy to maintain their own code is an odd reason..

After an hour of trying, Fedora 20 does not seem to work either. It says  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py:,line 1308, in_execute_child raise child_expectation

Click clack click clack