Anyone else underwhelmed by CES showings?

exyia

It's wednesday at the time of this post, but so far I'm just underwhelmed by what we're seeing from CES.

I was fully prepared to throw my money at some cool new stuff. I was especially ready to throw my wallet at:

- ANY IPS G-sync, maybe 4k even

- New mouse

- Maybe new keyboard with the RGB Cherry MX Switches

- New cases/chassis

- Maybe even new cpu coolers or other cooling products

so far I'm underwhelmed...

- pretty much I can only choose from one of many TN 120hz G-sync monitors, or a non-gsync 4k display

- New RGB switches were just thrown on a K70....big whoop

- EVGA's new mouse looks interesting...but that's it? Corsair merely updates their M40 to M45 with a new sensor

I was ready to be impressed by anything - I just have an itch to buy something new for my setup. and......meh

RGB is corsair only....

but there is some cool stuff, just nothing that you're interested in...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I was really hoping to atleast see some press models of gtx800 series because I'm gpu-less right now and I really really really want them to come out asap so I can grab one lol Other than that though Corsair has released their 760t/730t which I fully plan to get because it is in my opinion the sexiest case to come out in a LONG time. That is about all I have seen though.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

They did a lot more than throw RBG on a k70 but I see what you mean, CES could have been better but maybe they are saving all the goodies for Computex

RGB is corsair only....

but that's the point - they got first dibs on it and what did they do with it?

just slap it in an existing keyboard.......oh....that's exciting :rolleyes:

I was really hoping to atleast see some press models of gtx800 series

no way they are going to do that... they never showed new cards at a convention that isnt theirs, shouldn't have hoped for that....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

yeah, ASUS, Samsung, Benq or any other monitor companies, if your read this:

WE WANT 4k IPS G-SYNC under $1000

you can keep your TN shit.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

but that's the point - they got first dibs on it and what did they do with it?

just slap it in an existing keyboard.......oh....that's exciting :rolleyes:

there isnt really anything that can be innovated with keyboards anymore imo... unless you drastically change the seize or layout...

there isnt really anything that can be innovated with keyboards anymore imo... unless you drastically change the seize or layout...

i guess

but then why save it for CES? why not just slap them in and put them for sale? it's obvious some people want them already

if it's the same keyboard we know and love (I have a K70, I love it), why save it for this big (underwhelming) reveal at CES?

/shrug

I was never looking for one specific thing so I am very happy with a lot of what I have seen. I have a good budget set aside for goodies and cant wait to blow it. 

RGB is corsair only....

There is some truth to your statement. However, they only have the exclusivity for a limited time. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with OP. It's been underwhelming now for a few years. I'm mostly excited by ASUS expanding their phones to other countries. Overall, their press conference was the most impressive and I can't wait to see how Sony's game streaming service progresses. Other than that everything else seems largely "meh" "been there, seen that, done that, etc"

Oh! Toyota's concept car was featured on the Verge. I'd give up my dream of owning a motorcycle if that thing came to market for an affordable price.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Tbh the AMD CES presentation did it for me :P and then the Asus presentation was also a very nice thing to watch, maybe I just love presentations like these?

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

"Save the best for last, tis all I say."

All we've seen is footage of day one. Calm down :)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------