Distorted then Green Display Then Back to Normal on an AMD RX580

racker24

Hello guys. uhm Kinda new here.

I just want to ask about my RX580. times that I remove my card and reinstall it in my system unit. before it goes on and when I force close any triple A title games using alt f4. My display will go distorted then green display then back to normal. I am new with amd cards. is that normal?

Potato: Intel i5-8400 | XFX RX580 8GB | 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHZ HyperX | Asus ex-H310M | Kingston 120GB SSD | SEAGATE 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 GRAY 450watts.
2D MMORPG Games Since 2006.

14 minutes ago, racker24 said:

times that I remove my card and reinstall it in my system unit. 

are you putting in in while your system is running O.o cause you might have damaged it when you did that

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

are you putting in in while your system is running O.o cause you might have damaged it when you did that

No I didn't. you might misunderstood me. I was cleaning my system so I removed the video card then after putting it back and turning it on. that distortion to green screen to normal again happen(only that time not everytime I open it). which mostly happen to me when I forced close/alt f4 games on full screen.

Potato: Intel i5-8400 | XFX RX580 8GB | 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHZ HyperX | Asus ex-H310M | Kingston 120GB SSD | SEAGATE 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 GRAY 450watts.

Just now, Happycowdance said:

not really sure then I have a amd gpu and ive never experienced that problem so idk

ohh okie. its kinda weird. does not affect my gaming. the only time it happen is last week after i clean my pc before the lock screen shows up that happen, everytime I force close a triple A game on fullscreen and 1 time i have 2 NOX emulator, google chrome with multiple tabs that made my unit freeze, that distoreted to green display happen and back to normal. not really triggering while gaming or when I stress testing it.

up up anyone encounter this?

I'm assuming you're on Windows 10 right?  I myself am a linux user but it seems you're not the only person having this issue.  What driver version are you using?  It seems a driver update may help.  Hardware acceleration on chrome could also be an issue.  See if turning hardware acceleration off in chrome solves the issue.  Getting most of my info from this thread.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:21 AM, wviper3 said:

I'm assuming you're on Windows 10 right?  I myself am a linux user but it seems you're not the only person having this issue.  What driver version are you using?  It seems a driver update may help.  Hardware acceleration on chrome could also be an issue.  See if turning hardware acceleration off in chrome solves the issue.  Getting most of my info from this thread.

yes I am a windows 10 user and using driver version 18.9.something as I recall, sorry I`m at the office at the moment that's why I am not sure of the driver version. I`ll just make it clear again. only happens when 1st boot after replugging card and force closing gpu demanding games.

Bump my thread

On 11/17/2018 at 11:21 AM, wviper3 said:

updated my drivers to the latest 18.11.2 I`ll just test if it will happen again.