Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pc in a desk?

ZeusXI

So I was thinking about a new project. Building a pc desk, with the pc in a vertical mounted area. So like, i would have a pull out rack to hold the pc, and it would be vented and be able to hold my computer components. I dont know much about server racks, but i was thinking about using sliders for the pull out "inside case" so that way i can pull it out for quick upgrades or swaps. Any recommendations? or would just a server box work itself?

download.jpg.9c1bde6d481ea7bcacc293e2c37f507a.jpg

Kinda like this, but it would pull out and then id see the system components

Would you put an existing PC with case inside or would the desk act as the case. You could use simple drawer sliders.

You have to think about cable management too as you would nerd slack or some sort of slot so you can slide then without pulling anything out.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

21 hours ago, JohnDongus said:

Would you put an existing PC with case inside or would the desk act as the case. You could use simple drawer sliders.

You have to think about cable management too as you would nerd slack or some sort of slot so you can slide then without pulling anything out.

it would be the desk acts as the case. drawer sliders wouldnt be a problem i dont think. i would probably have a power strip inside with the parts so only that has to give slack

Well you have to think about your mouse keyboard monitor etc. It would be a pretty easy build but would need a hefty desk to support the weight

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz