MSi X470 Gaming Plus 

G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 8gb at 2400

Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 

Radeon RX 580

Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze

NZXT H500 Case

The Issue:

The computer booted fine and I was able to install windows 10 on it with no issue. Upon booting the computer my resolution was super zoomed in (just stating this in case it could mean anything). I changed the resolution and went on to download and install drivers. I began to download them through google chrome and my PC froze mid way through the download. The screen/PC stayed on but I wasn't able to move anything and I was forced to shut it down directly from the case. This continued to happen every time I would try to download any drivers. Eventually I was able to download the MOBO drivers and began to install only to have the PC freeze again. I tried multiple times to get it to work only to get the same result. It did the same for any drivers I tried to download. The problem consisted and would sometimes crash and prompt me with a blue screen saying something along the lines of "Something went wrong and you'll have to restart your PC, please wait while we gather information." The pc still turns on but eventually freezes/crashes. 

Info that may be useful:

- When I open device manager there is a tab named "other" which  displays about 3 "PCI" tabs within "Other" and when I click on them it says the drivers are missing but I can't download any because of the freezing issue. 

- My AIO also shows in that "other" tab saying the drivers are missing but I wasn't even aware that it needed any (and I still don't know if it does).

- One last thing that should be known is that I have my pc connected to my monitor via a DVI to HDMI adapter. My monitor doesn't support HDMI so I use the adapter. I don't know if this could have to do with the issue but I included it anyway just in case.

I would start with troubleshooting easier things first, such as RAM. Reseat your RAM sticks, try other sticks if you have any available, run a memtest from a bootable flashdrive.

Another thing I would check is the BIOS settings. Make sure the BIOS is reading/running your RAM at the correct speed and that no overclocking is being done on the CPU. You should also be able to see some temperatures from your BIOS. (Can indicate possibly indicate overheating?)

If you have another GPU you can try, I would recommend doing that, as well. If you can get your computer to stay on with a different GPU or memory without freezing, I would take that opportunity to install any Windows updates and any other drivers you need. Hopefully you do not have any bad components!