Three motherboards with very different pricing, but what is the difference?

Go to solution Solved by DVA,

They have identical specs so look at this

The Gaming 5 board is $181 if you buy it now (the 20 MIR will take MONTHS to come back to you, or maybe never)

The Ultra board is $133(plus the 20MIR you might not see so it's really $153) + a $20 wifi card. = $173

So there you go. $173 or $181. 8 buck difference. I'd just get the Gaming 5 so you don't have to go out of your way and have these nasty roach antennas sticking out. 

1 hour ago, lmeneses said:

Oh, nvm then, yea lmao, the gaming 5 wifi is still a good choice then, it has nice heatsinks too. The gaming 7 as amazing as it looks is kind of overkill for a 2700. 

Can you really have overkill for the most expensive AM4 CPU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

i'm using the 2700 not 2700x

1 minute ago, BootyDustBandit said:

i'm using the 2700 not 2700x

They're basically the same chip unless you're not overclocking. Overkill for one is overkill for the other.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

They're basically the same chip unless you're not overclocking. Overkill for one is overkill for the other.

ah...i see

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

I mean, it is definitely not needed 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

2 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

I mean, it is definitely not needed 

Well it's not but it's still a great motherboard

Primary PC:

The Ultra Gaming and Gaming 5 have pretty much the same VRMs. Gaming 7 has better VRMs. You should be asking yourself first whether you want to or will be overclocking your 2700. If so, go for the Gaming 7, if not then go for either the Gaming 5 or Ultra Gaming.

Between the Gaming 5 and Ultra Gaming I'd just go for the Ultra Gaming unless not having wifi is a deal breaker for you, if it is then go for the Gaming 5. Simples.

Ryzen build -  CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum RGB | GPU: RTX 2070 FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W | Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG Ace | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

Intel build - CPU: i5-9600k @ 4.9 GHz - 1.28v Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 rev 2 | GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeace LPX DDR4-3200MHz | PSU: Corsair RM650x  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB - Western Digital Blue 1TB 5400RPM | Case: NZXT H700 Black

Laptop - HP Pavillion; CPU: Core i5-7200U RAM: 8GB DDR4-2133MHz | GPU: Intel HD 620 | Storage: Samsung 128GB SSD - Western Digital 1TB HDD