Custom Youtube like stream chat

Cupar19
Go to solution Solved by Magus,

[deleted]

im trying to stream a youtube stream to my website through embedding, which i got to work however i would like it to have a chat that anyone can use without an account, just benter their name or something like that. does anybody know a way to do this?

thanks

1 minute ago, Magus said:

I tried to do something years ago on my website. There's an iFrame method. Lemme see if I can dig-up the guide I followed.

Okay, scroll-down on this page to the point where it says "embed live chat" and expand that section.

Though IIRC I stopped trying to bother with it because it had to be updated anytime I streamed, which was a hassle.

ive seen embedding chat, but the key thing here is anyone being able to chat without an account

1 minute ago, Cupar19 said:

ive seen embedding chat, but the key thing here is anyone being able to chat without an account

Oh. I don’t thank that is possible with youtube. Google requires you to have a google acount to comment/reply.

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

Just now, Magus said:

Oh, you mean an account on your website, not a Google / YouTube account?

Nah sorry, that's not possible.

In that case you should make your own chatroom. You could then just put that chatroom on your stream page, even though the stream itself is over YouTube.

that was what i was asking how to do

6 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

Oh. I don’t thank that is possible with youtube. Google requires you to have a google acount to comment/reply.

they mean a different chat.

35 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

im trying to stream a youtube stream to my website through embedding, which i got to work however i would like it to have a chat that anyone can use without an account, just benter their name or something like that. does anybody know a way to do this?

thanks

try https://www.tawk.to/

Just now, iKingRPG said:

i saw that but its like a support chat, like one on one i want a youtube style chat where everyone can see everything

9 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

i saw that but its like a support chat, like one on one i want a youtube style chat where everyone can see everything

I'll keep looking.

12 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

Here: https://www.rumbletalk.com hopefully this is good I haven't tried this though.

Just now, iKingRPG said:

Here: https://www.rumbletalk.com hopefully this is good I haven't tried this though.

looks good but looks more for business calls or something like that doue to its per person based pricing (more than 5 is $8 a month)

8 minutes ago, Magus said:

Ahhh okay, well at this point I mostly butt-out because it's something I haven't done since way back when I owned a Forumotion web-forum back in the mid-to-late 00's and built a chat for it (it was a long procedure that I can't really accurately recall on the spot).

In case it helps at all, I believe what I created was eventually taken by another user and turned into AvacWeb Chat. Though even that and it's website looks dead now. We're talking about things so far in the past that even derivative works of it are now dead it seems. And I don't think it would help you because it was designed specifically for the Forumotion CPanel platform.

But, it IS the kind of topic that would certainly have easily Google-able solutions by now. There's surely some developers out there that have designed plug-and-play chat clients where you can just copy/paste code. Perhaps for a fee.

I remember that before I learned how to write my own chatroom, I used things like "XAT" and "Chatango". Not sure if they're around anymore or whatever became of them, but if you want an easy solution then look them up. They'll have to make separate Chatango or XAT accounts, though.

Thank you so much, i spent ages looking and couldn't find anything but chantago works exactly how i wanted, its doesnt look great but it works so good enough for me, thanks (also they have the option to speak anonymously so no account required) 

5 minutes ago, Cupar19 said:

looks good but looks more for business calls or something like that doue to its per person based pricing (more than 5 is $8 a month)

I think i found something good: http://chatovod.com/

and you can embed it as an iframe and i think it looks cool i am trying it and you can choose a nickname.