Vega 64 liquid cooled on an Razer Core X

fabiosapplou

I guys, I’m planning a new setup for heavy work to be done, like 3D, video editing etc. And I’m going for a 6core i7 mac mini, with 32 Gb of Ram, (I’ll do the upgrade, obviously) but that setup has a flaw, i does not have a nice gpu, to circumvent the problem I’m going to use two eGPUs. However, I’d like to use the liquid cooled version of the Radeon RX Vega 64 on the razer core x, even though it’s not officially supported, i do believe that it should be possible. Can any one can confirm that?

Thanks a lot.

8 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

image.png.91b3399c5aa0a694787a17637fa96872.pngThis is a razor

image.thumb.png.62e6dcc73ecbf6ee3c76a7bedeb73bf0.pngThis is razer

Nice, that doesn’t help though, besides, I'm Portuguese, so I guess you can forgive me some mistakes here and there.

Why two eGPUs? You're not going to notice any difference. A single GPU at full whack is already bottlenecked by a TB3 interface, let alone two.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

As NelizMastr said, it doesn't seem like a good idea. You are probably better off with a desktop... and buy a laptop for portability with the money you save from not buying enclosures. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

3 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Why two eGPUs? You're not going to notice any difference. A single GPU at full whack is already bottlenecked by a TB3 interface, let alone two.

As it seems there are 2 thunderbolt3 controlers for the 4 thunderbolt3 porta on the back of the mac mini. I’ll lose about 5 to 10% of the performance of the GPU using that interface, it’s not that big of a deal. 

2 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

woooow, thunderbolt SLI - I want to see this one running

Not really, I only want to run tem on resolve, AE, maya and 3ds max. That’s were i need the power. Don’t need SLI.

3 hours ago, Nocte said:

As NelizMastr said, it doesn't seem like a good idea. You are probably better off with a desktop... and buy a laptop for portability with the money you save from not buying enclosures. 

No desktop mac computer has better performance then these setup. Becides, havin the heat generating components in diferent enclosures will solve the throttle problems that might occur. Cause apple. Lools.

The ideia with these setup is to have just a desktop, but more powerful then what apple correctly offers.

32 minutes ago, fabiosapplou said:

No desktop mac computer has better performance then these setup. Becides, havin the heat generating components in diferent enclosures will solve the throttle problems that might occur. Cause apple. Lools.

The ideia with these setup is to have just a desktop, but more powerful then what apple correctly offers.

Are you using software that is available on Mac only?

Because if not, just by using enclosure whatever "better performance" you think Apple might have is lost and off-set by using enclosures (and 10% performance loss is not little).

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304