GPU randomly crashes and monitors go to sleep

Seeboooo

I recently started having issues with my graphics card where the screen would randomly turn black and the monitors would go to sleep since they lost signal from the gpu, but the rest of the system works (I can hear the game and music just fine). A complete power off is the only way to go back to normal, using the reset button doesn't solve the issue and the gpu doesn't send any signal after reboot. I've had this issue while playing games on both windows and linux (open-source kernel drivers). GPU-z logs don't show any abnormal temperature or behavior compared to it's normal use.

About a month ago I reseated the gpu and the problem seemed to go away until yesterday where it happened again.

The motherboard, cpu, gpu and memory are a year old. (ASUS B350 Strix, MSI RX 580 gaming X, Corsair vengeance LPX)

The power supply is about 6 months old (Corsair HX 650)

SSD and HHD are about 2 months old

Anyone experienced similar issues? Wanted to ask before I start a RMA with the gpu maker.

1 hour ago, Seeboooo said:

I recently started having issues with my graphics card where the screen would randomly turn black and the monitors would go to sleep since they lost signal from the gpu, but the rest of the system works (I can hear the game and music just fine). A complete power off is the only way to go back to normal, using the reset button doesn't solve the issue and the gpu doesn't send any signal after reboot. I've had this issue while playing games on both windows and linux (open-source kernel drivers). GPU-z logs don't show any abnormal temperature or behavior compared to it's normal use.

About a month ago I reseated the gpu and the problem seemed to go away until yesterday where it happened again.

The motherboard, cpu, gpu and memory are a year old. (ASUS B350 Strix, MSI RX 580 gaming X, Corsair vengeance LPX)

The power supply is about 6 months old (Corsair HX 650)

SSD and HHD are about 2 months old

Anyone experienced similar issues? Wanted to ask before I start a RMA with the gpu maker.

In wattman increase power limit to 50% +.That should solve your problems.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

10 hours ago, Xcoool said:

In wattman increase power limit to 50% +.That should solve your problems.

Not sure how to change that in wattman, can't find anything on the radeon driver tool and there doesn't seem to be a seperate tool in AMD's download page.

I did the offset using MSI Afterburner and it keeps crashing at both +20% and +50% offset even when power doesn't go over about 95W, fans aren't even spinning at the load it crashes (temps under 60C).

1 hour ago, Seeboooo said:

Not sure how to change that in wattman, can't find anything on the radeon driver tool and there doesn't seem to be a seperate tool in AMD's download page.

I did the offset using MSI Afterburner and it keeps crashing at both +20% and +50% offset even when power doesn't go over about 95W, fans aren't even spinning at the load it crashes (temps under 60C).

Amd radeon driver > gaming>global settings>global wattman>custom profile.Not all card can use msi afterburner.

My PC --- CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x @ 4.3 || MoBo: Asus strix x470-F || RAM:32GB@3400mhz  4x8GB Corsair vegeance pro RGB || Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro AIO || GPU: Sapphire Rx5700 XT nitro+ || PSU: Corsair rm750i || Case: Thermaltake TG 31 RGB || SSD: 1x hp ex900 nvme 500gb 3x crusial mm500 1tb || Corsair M65 elite & Corsair platinum K95 || 2x Acer ed323 qura 1440p@144hz + Samsung c27fg70 1080@144hz.tb

On 11/12/2018 at 7:47 PM, Xcoool said:

Amd radeon driver > gaming>global settings>global wattman>custom profile.Not all card can use msi afterburner.

It didn't solve the issue either, and I don't really understand why this issue wouldn't of appeared for about a year until recently if it was only a power constraint as I know I've played more gpu intensive games than I am right now.

edit: I have also found some game scenarios where it crash constantly and is not random like I mentioned before (warframe, when I enter a specific map I crash within 30 seconds everytime)

14 hours ago, Seeboooo said:

It didn't solve the issue either, and I don't really understand why this issue wouldn't of appeared for about a year until recently if it was only a power constraint as I know I've played more gpu intensive games than I am right now.

edit: I have also found some game scenarios where it crash constantly and is not random like I mentioned before (warframe, when I enter a specific map I crash within 30 seconds everytime)

It also could be your power supply.It could be a recent driver.Hard to tell,if you can RMA card do it.Maybe it will solve your problems maybe not.If not psu  swap or clean windows install  should help.

• 5 years later...

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but OP, did you get to the bottom of it? I am having identical issues!