Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AORUS RGB Build

Started building my first ever gaming PC tonight, I got as far as installing the CPU and cooler to the motherboard, put the RAM in the motherboard then screwed it into the pre-installed standoffs in the case.

 

I then got the six case fans in and the power supply, ran the cables through.

 

Stopped now because I need the M.2 NVMe drive to turn up now as well as needing to buy a USB hub and then install the graphics card before unplugging all the cables again and trying my best at cable management.

 

Here she is in her unfinished state, I’ll keep the log updated as I go along and then again in future when I do the hardline watercooling.

 

 

841615B8-1E6C-46A6-9711-4F215D29F79F.jpeg

A377D6AC-9485-408E-86D6-4DC5206E0DB0.jpeg

FA98C290-A2A0-4453-AFED-5A0F2846F5D4.jpeg

9510F9DA-4F3F-4AC1-9F1A-DEAA8F3DCF11.jpeg

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for double post but specifications:

 

Motherboard = Gigabyte AORUS (X470) Gaming 7 WiFi,

CPU = AMD Ryzen 7 2700X,

RAM = Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4-3400MHz 32Gb (4x8Gb DIMMs),

GPU = Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GamerPro OC,

PSU = Corsair RM850x,

SSD = Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe (1Tb),

Case = Gigabyte AORUS AC300W.

Fans = 6 x Corsair LL120.

 

 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your front fans are now blowing air out towards the front. Is this your plan?

 

Same for the fan in the backit is now pulling air in

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

Your front fans are now blowing air out towards the front. Is this your plan?

Nope I guess I’ll flip them around ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rmurph17 said:

Nope I guess I’ll flip them around ?

Somewhere on the outside should be sone arrows, one pointing the way the fan blows and one showing which way the fan turns. Im not sure if your fans have this as well

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, rmurph17 said:

Started building my first ever gaming PC tonight, I got as far as installing the CPU and cooler to the motherboard, put the RAM in the motherboard then screwed it into the pre-installed standoffs in the case.

 

I then got the six case fans in and the power supply, ran the cables through.

 

Stopped now because I need the M.2 NVMe drive to turn up now as well as needing to buy a USB hub and then install the graphics card before unplugging all the cables again and trying my best at cable management.

 

Here she is in her unfinished state, I’ll keep the log updated as I go along and then again in future when I do the hardline watercooling.

 

 

841615B8-1E6C-46A6-9711-4F215D29F79F.jpeg

A377D6AC-9485-408E-86D6-4DC5206E0DB0.jpeg

FA98C290-A2A0-4453-AFED-5A0F2846F5D4.jpeg

9510F9DA-4F3F-4AC1-9F1A-DEAA8F3DCF11.jpeg

My dude, you have your front fans around the wrong way so they are drawing the case air out. I would also suggest flipping around your back fan or as it is more commonly known exhaust fan because right now it aint exhausting its drawing in air

idk tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Greenish said:

My dude, you have your front fans around the wrong way so they are drawing the case air out. I would also suggest flipping around your back fan or as it is more commonly known exhaust fan because right now it aint exhausting its drawing in air

Really? You have to tell him the exact same thing I told him 10 min ago? It not really useful to fill this tread up like this, is it?

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Somewhere on the outside should be sone arrows, one pointing the way the fan blows and one showing which way the fan turns. Im not sure if your fans have this as well

The side with the specs is the side the fan pushes air towards, that's how I remember it.

 

16 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Really? You have to tell him the exact same thing I told him 10 min ago? It not really useful to fill this tread up like this, is it?

quoting in all those pictures wont help either...

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

-snip-

For most fans this is the case indeed, the cross is most often the back of the fan.

 

Some people ??‍♂️

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Really? You have to tell him the exact same thing I told him 10 min ago? It not really useful to fill this tread up like this, is it?

Sorry I didnt read the previous ones. I was just too triggered to look through the feed

idk tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

While windows is installing thought I would share some pics of her actually running in full (out of sync) RGB glory 

C1C42C6A-31B3-43FC-A34D-2B7BDFEB6163.jpeg

FF320ECD-A4F7-4375-95CA-0F44FB45DC0D.jpeg

A5243A5F-2B95-4E16-A0B4-CE2FBE2E0A9D.jpeg

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CamoFlage said:

Nice Build. I like it!

Thanks mate ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (X470)  CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X  RAM: Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB 3733MHz
HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD  PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold
Monitor: Philips 65" OLED 4K UHD w/HDR  Headphones: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H4
Cooling: 6 x 120mm Corsair LL120  Phone: Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB
Mouse: Logitec MK270
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

good luck getting that to sync... the aorus graphics engine software is horribly broken, always has been from what I've seen.... I wish i could make my Gigabyte card stop the rainbow cycle in my otherwise black, blue, red and purple setup. (i rly like black with strong dark colors accenting it)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×