Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 RGB issue

Go to solution Solved by Feral_Ghoul,
5 hours ago, Feral_Ghoul said:

I got this card a couple of days ago, I noticed that the lights on my GPU are still orange when the PC boots up and the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE software launches. I have constant orange light just refuses to change the colors because its blank in the software. I have tried everything, fully uninstalled the gigabyte software and reinstalled it, removed the GPU and put it back, turned the pc off multiple times and even used Display Driver Uninstaller. But the rgb has the waiing thing then its blank on the software. When I have updated to the new Aorus engine my fan on/off does not work but it works on my cd and the older update. The only thing that removes the orange is to uninstall the rgb then I does the random color thing for example green,blue and etc. The thing is the software wants to reinstall the rgb software then it goes back to orange. 

Has anybody got any ideas on how I can fix this?

I got it finally after a few days of having this card

1) install new Nvidia drivers from there website

2) install xtreme engine 

thats if you have a new computer

here is if your installing a new graphics card on windows 10

1) Download and Install DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller)  I did a clean and shutdown

2) Make sure that aorus engine is gone. If it did not get it and there RGB in your control panel under uninstall, then restart.

3) Install new Nvidia drivers from there website

4) Install xtreme engine, I tried to get aorus to work all I got was on/off on fans to work.

Also with the lights for example it going green, blue and etc on the card if you do not see fan stop doing that when you have xtreme engine its working.

Another thing too is just removing aorus and there RGB. Then installing xtreme engine does not work you will be stuck on the same color but fan stop will be gone and you can control the fans in xtreme engine but not the colors.

I hope this helps.

I got this card a couple of days ago, I noticed that the lights on my GPU are still orange when the PC boots up and the AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE software launches. I have constant orange light just refuses to change the colors because its blank in the software. I have tried everything, fully uninstalled the gigabyte software and reinstalled it, removed the GPU and put it back, turned the pc off multiple times and even used Display Driver Uninstaller. But the rgb has the waiing thing then its blank on the software. When I have updated to the new Aorus engine my fan on/off does not work but it works on my cd and the older update. The only thing that removes the orange is to uninstall the rgb then I does the random color thing for example green,blue and etc. The thing is the software wants to reinstall the rgb software then it goes back to orange. 

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You need to use the xtreme gaming engine, not the aorus software.

Before installing should I remove aorus software or have them as a combo ?

Just now, Feral_Ghoul said:

Before installing should I remove aorus software or have them as a combo ?

Get rid of the Aorus software

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

11 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Get rid of the Aorus software

I removed Aorus and installed xtreme gaming engine no color changes, so I restarted and now it does not open.

1 minute ago, Feral_Ghoul said:

I removed Aorus and installed xtreme gaming engine no color changes, so I restarted and now it does not open.

It opens on startup. Check your hidden icons on the task bar. It will be in there. Right click it and hit open.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

It opens on startup. Check your hidden icons on the task bar. It will be in there. Right click it and hit open.

that opens it fans are off, the led is not working but its set to blue.

23 minutes ago, Slottr said:

update fans are working but the led is still at orange when trying to change it.

update fans are working but the led is still at orange when trying to change it.

Odd. You're applying the setting?

yes

Possibly try to use the reset and default buttons on the LED screen

Just now, Slottr said:

nothing

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

also i tried on and off nothing

also i tried on and off nothing

Id maybe try to uninstall and reinstall all applications relating to the gigabyte card then.

13 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Id maybe try to uninstall and reinstall all applications relating to the gigabyte card then.

nothing on the led in the software its blank, I will try again to reinstall the other and uninstall the aorus

17 minutes ago, Slottr said:

tried it nothing still orange

29 minutes ago, Slottr said:

would my motherboard have something to do with this its a x99a gaming 7

4 hours ago, Slottr said:

I fixed it

5 hours ago, Feral_Ghoul said:

I got it finally after a few days of having this card

1) install new Nvidia drivers from there website

2) install xtreme engine 

thats if you have a new computer

here is if your installing a new graphics card on windows 10

1) Download and Install DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller)  I did a clean and shutdown

2) Make sure that aorus engine is gone. If it did not get it and there RGB in your control panel under uninstall, then restart.

3) Install new Nvidia drivers from there website

4) Install xtreme engine, I tried to get aorus to work all I got was on/off on fans to work.

Also with the lights for example it going green, blue and etc on the card if you do not see fan stop doing that when you have xtreme engine its working.

Another thing too is just removing aorus and there RGB. Then installing xtreme engine does not work you will be stuck on the same color but fan stop will be gone and you can control the fans in xtreme engine but not the colors.

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

This last post by Feral_Ghoul def works. Got my G1 Gaming GTX 1080 back to how the software is supposed to work. Thank you for this as I have read a lot of posts regarding this and even Gigabyte will not give me the proper answer. Most important part of his mention is step 2. Even though if you go through the gigabyte website support it will recommend you install the Aorus engine but this is the cause of the RGB lighting software not to work in my instance. Thanks again Feral_Ghoul