Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EVOLV X Fan Question

GamerZone360
 Share

Hello there everyone, I was one of the luck one who was able to get my hands on the EVOLV X and I am in the process of building my First AMD TR Rig. I had couple of questions as I start to plan out the parts for this build. Any feedback or comments on these questions is really appreciated and thank you for your help in advance.

1) The case supports 120mm and 140mm System Fans and I was looking at install the Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan, is this a good choice or do I need to look into the 140mm version of these fans?

My Current Plan Is To Install:

(3) 120mm Fans LL120 On Top and 
(2) 120mm Fans LL120 With NZXT x62 Radiator
(1) 120mm Fan LL120 On The Rear

2) My second question is that Phantek offers couple of Riser Cables for Vertical GPU Mount, can anyone recommend me which one I should get for my GTX 1070 cards?

Thank You!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you want top fans for looks? Because you don't need them for cooling purposes. CPU and GPU will both be cooled by intake rad, so single exhaust is quite enough.

 

The only difference between Premium and normal riser is how they look from what I can see, and Phanteks doesn't mention anything else either.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Do you want top fans for looks? Because you don't need them for cooling purposes. CPU and GPU will both be cooled by intake rad, so single exhaust is quite enough.

 

The only difference between Premium and normal riser is how they look from what I can see, and Phanteks doesn't mention anything else either.

The Top Fan I believe will provide provide good not great exhaust pushing Air Out and yes my main reason is for looks (RGB). I just wanted to make sure that I don't create Negative Pressure when it comes to exhausting air out of the case. So if go with the current setup and use 120mm, will they be good for this usage. I have done research and the difference isn't much between the two sizes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GamerZone360 said:

The Top Fan I believe will provide provide good not great exhaust pushing Air Out and yes my main reason is for looks (RGB). I just wanted to make sure that I don't create Negative Pressure when it comes to exhausting air out of the case. So if go with the current setup and use 120mm, will they be good for this usage. I have done research and the difference isn't much between the two sizes.

 

Negative pressure = more fans intake than exhaust. Your suggested setup is negative with 2 intake and 4 exhaust fans. My suggestion would be having just 2 top exhaust, nothing at rear. Still GPU temps will be tad higher than what they would when you are using rad as exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

 

Negative pressure = more fans intake than exhaust. Your suggested setup is negative with 2 intake and 4 exhaust fans. My suggestion would be having just 2 top exhaust, nothing at rear. Still GPU temps will be tad higher than what they would when you are using rad as exhaust.

Thanks for the respond, its so dumb of me where I am not thinking clearly with the fan setup. May I should look into getting the 360mm Rad and then I will have 3 Fans in the first pulling Air In and 3 on top pushing Air Out. Lol I have never build a system and not have a Rear Fan (lol). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×