Is It Worth Getting Custom Cables For My MOBO?

BHuff04

Since the holiday season is coming up, I was wondering if I should buy custom modding cables for my PC I built last year. However, the question of "what brand of modded cables should I get?" is a very controversial topic. The brand called "CableMods" is one of the top brands, but so many people don't recommend them. It's basically the same thing with other brands as well. There is always a majority of people who strongly recommend to not buy every single cable modding brand out there. The theme of my build is red and black, so I am looking for black and red cables, but for a cheap price ($50 & under). Are there any brands I should avoid? What is the best brand, and is getting custom cables even worth it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I bought my cables from Cablemod and, I had no problem with them so far and, they look great so, I can recommend them.

Is getting custom cables even worth it?

Custom cables don't do much other than make your build look better so if you are willing to shill out the extra money for looks then, sure.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

If you can find some for under or around $30. I think it's worth it anymore and it's kinda dumb unless money is no obstacle. 

Thanks for the feedback, I will take cable mods into consideration if I decide to buy custom cables. 

1 minute ago, BHuff04 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I will take cable mods into consideration if I decide to buy custom cables. 

Even if you don't buy from them, their configurator is pretty useful for planning the look of the cables.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Honestly, extensions are cheaper! 

The red and black Antec ones I've got are lovely! 

GhPZyHw.jpg

r37tc9c.jpg