Looking to build a new mini-ITX pc

hedghehog

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new system.

I have a current system but it's really bad and the only thing i could re-use is the graphics card (I want to get an SSD)

I have a gtx1050ti that I already own that I want to use and I would like to build this in a mini rtx case, something like this: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/26895/cooler-master-elite-130-mini-itx-case

What is a good motherboard that will last in the future If I wish to upgrade my CPU

What is a good cpu that will work well with the 1050ti

What is a suitable amount of ram, DDR4 i guess

I don't realy want to spend more than like 800-1000$

Thanks

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($254.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($125.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($81.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Case: Cooler Master - Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($58.00 @ Austin Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $864.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-03 16:09 AEDT+1100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I don’t really know what you mean by a motherboard that ‘lasts in the future’. Usually CPU companies like AMD and Intel will stop support of older motherboard chipsets after a few generations. AMD’s current AM4 motherboards will work for their latest cpus until 2020. Not sure about Intel. Maybe you can go for AM4 motherboard like B450 or X470, you can upgrade to the promising zen2 cpus.

Considering your budget, a Ryzen 5 2600 would work quite well, and its only 65W TDP so if you don’t OC the temps will be decent in a small case

At this budget, 2 x4GB DDR4 3000Mhz is perfect.

4 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I don’t really know what you mean by a motherboard that ‘lasts in the future’. Usually CPU companies like AMD and Intel will stop support of older motherboard chipsets after a few generations. AMD’s current AM4 motherboards will work for their latest cpus until 2020. Not sure about Intel. Maybe you can go for AM4 motherboard like B450 or X470, you can upgrade to the promising zen2 cpus.

Considering your budget, a Ryzen 5 2600 would work quite well, and its only 65W TDP so if you don’t OC the temps will be decent in a small case

At this budget, 2 x4GB DDR4 3000Mhz is perfect.

EDIT: I DONT KNOW WHY ITS STRIKETHROUGH

Did you cut and paste something?

You can edit the post. Highlight everything and use the Tx button to remove all formatting.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

13 minutes ago, brob said:

Did you cut and paste something?

You can edit the post. Highlight everything and use the Tx button to remove all formatting.

Ah, thanks for the help.