Xbox One Controller not working

AggresiveGamma

I was playing Games with my Xbox one controller Usb wired into my computer and i went to my device manager and deleted my usb xbox controller driver and now my controller doesn't even respond to being plugged into my computer 

Why did you delete the driver? Just re-download it or use the find device feature in windows. 

1 hour ago, Cigano said:

Why did you delete the driver? Just re-download it or use the find device feature in windows. 

i saw it as a delete redownload to fix because i was already having problems i don't know where to redownload them and ,find device?

Did you even try to fix this? googling "xbox controller driver" will give you more results than you will know what to do with.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

Did you even try to fix this? googling "xbox controller driver" will give you more results than you will know what to do with.

Yes i spent hours trying different "fixes" online that i found on google none of them worked

Here https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows or here https://web.archive.org/web/20150905120700/https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If these dont work you are omitting some information... I mean I can already tell you that you are omitting relevant information to helping you out.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

Here https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows or here https://web.archive.org/web/20150905120700/https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If these dont work you are omitting some information... I mean I can already tell you that you are omitting relevant information to helping you out.

Yes i am omitting information because i don't know what is relevant any information i can provide if needed but the first link to do a driver download for 360 which is irelevant to me and i have seen the second website many times but it only says plug it in and no other information. I appreciate you trying to help but it was not what i needed for this

1 minute ago, AggresiveGamma said:

Yes i am omitting information because i don't know what is relevant any information i can provide if needed but the first link to do a driver download for 360 which is irelevant to me and i have seen the second website many times but it only says plug it in and no other information. I appreciate you trying to help but it was not what i needed for this

Well you are omitting something serious because if it was a driver issue alone those should fix it.  

Relevant information for one would be what controller are you even talking about and what OS you are talking about, we got to the bottom of that but you clearly have something else at play here. if you JUST deleted a driver for the controller that is your fix... so clearly you did something else. If you dont know what that is tbh you are better off looking for/hoping there is a restore point in windows from not long ago.

System Specs

1 hour ago, Nexxus said:

Well you are omitting something serious because if it was a driver issue alone those should fix it.  

Relevant information for one would be what controller are you even talking about and what OS you are talking about, we got to the bottom of that but you clearly have something else at play here. if you JUST deleted a driver for the controller that is your fix... so clearly you did something else. If you dont know what that is tbh you are better off looking for/hoping there is a restore point in windows from not long ago.

The Controller i have (i don't know exactly but it is a base controller that came with the xbox one) OS Windows 10 i went to the device manager and went to the USB portion of the device manager and uninstalled the usb driver and now my controller no longer responds to any usb connection

Try these steps in this order:

1. Reboot your PC with the controller plugged in.
  2. In Device Manager, enable View -> Show hidden devices.
  3. In Device Manager, run Action -> Scan for hardware changes.
  4. Post a screenshot of your Device Manager and a description of the issues you had with the controller initially.

5 hours ago, tatte said:

Try these steps in this order:

1. Reboot your PC with the controller plugged in.
  2. In Device Manager, enable View -> Show hidden devices.
  3. In Device Manager, run Action -> Scan for hardware changes.
  4. Post a screenshot of your Device Manager and a description of the issues you had with the controller initially.

i don't remember exactly what it was because this was a few weeks ago but i belive it was just the controller losing connection at times

device pic.JPG

I know it's seems like a simple suggestion but have you tried it with a different cable? I had problems with controller detection in the past (though I didn't delete any drivers) and changing the cable fixed some issues for me.

2 hours ago, Slazeus said:

changing the cable fixed some issues for me.

Same here. They sell excellent cables at The Dollar Tree for $1.00. I like the cloth cabled one. For $1.00 you can at least rule out the cable being the issue. It should install on its own the moment you plug it in. No need to re-download a driver.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:46 PM, A Random Dude said:

Same here. They sell excellent cables at The Dollar Tree for $1.00. I like the cloth cabled one. For $1.00 you can at least rule out the cable being the issue. It should install on its own the moment you plug it in. No need to re-download a driver.

thats the thing i have tried multiple different cables but it never respondes to any of them

Okay, well - Assuming you are running Windows 10, you likely already have the Xbox One controller drivers installed on the OS. Install the driver manually from Device Manager. Right Click on the Unknown Device and click Update Driver. Select "Browse my computer for driver software". Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". Scroll down to the very bottom of the list and you should (hopefully) find "Xbox Peripherals". If this is indeed an official Xbox One controller that came bundled with your console, then you will want to select either "Xbox One Controller" or "Xbox One Elite Controller". Click next and proceed with the install. Let me know if that works or not.