Sata Cable confusion

django_keyes

Hey Guys,

I recently ordered some cables from Singulairty Computers, and this is what I received. Every cable was amazing, but the sata ones confused me. IMG_0211.thumb.JPG.d1ca8bc70db048619cfe5436269a9d22.JPGIMG_0212.thumb.JPG.d9d6165fd17bc0bc28df530ef10cc4d0.JPG

Why did they not come connected, and how do I fix this? Look at the cables that come with the Seasonic 1000tr Prime?

Best,

Django 

I dont see any sata cables or connectors in this picture. More like PCI-E power connectors

Edit: Or is that a Sata power connector in the 2nd picture? if so then you'll need to check the original cables

I would contact them. Not sure how we can answer that question for them. It might be an error on their part? Or maybe some confusion as to what was ordered?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

4 minutes ago, Dujith said:

I dont see any sata cables or connectors in this picture. More like PCI-E power connectors

Those are for the PSU side of the SATA cable I reckon. Bottom picture has the bare SATA cable.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Those are for the PSU side of the SATA cable I reckon. Bottom picture has the bare SATA cable.

I see that now, atm on my laptop with the sun in my back. I didnt realize that the 2nd picture had a connector. Just saw the wires alone :D 

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

I would contact them. Not sure how we can answer that question for them. It might be an error on their part? Or maybe some confusion as to what was ordered?

Maybe. I will just take a look at the original cables from the PSU

2 hours ago, Dujith said:

Edit: Or is that a Sata power connector in the 2nd picture? if so then you'll need to check the original cables

Will do 

they made it that way because not all PSUs have the outputs in the same order

some might have 12-GND-GND-5-3.3 and others 5-GND-12-GND-3.3 just grab your PSU manual and check the pinouts for the peripheral output and put the cables in the correct order using one of the connectors

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 11/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, aezakmi said:

they made it that way because not all PSUs have the outputs in the same order

some might have 12-GND-GND-5-3.3 and others 5-GND-12-GND-3.3 just grab your PSU manual and check the pinouts for the peripheral output and put the cables in the correct order using one of the connectors

Thanks bro