Installing PS4 System Software on External HDD??

LiquidFox
Go to solution Solved by Phrench,

Probaly not, i'm pretty sure the actual PS4 OS is installed on an SOC so you can't install on different drives.

I might be wrong since I don't own any high-end consoles but i'm pretty sure it's the same with the Xbox Ones and the Wii U.

Can i Install PS4 System Software on External HDD??

If not can I use 3.5 (desktop) HDD ???

Thank you!

Probaly not, i'm pretty sure the actual PS4 OS is installed on an SOC so you can't install on different drives.

I might be wrong since I don't own any high-end consoles but i'm pretty sure it's the same with the Xbox Ones and the Wii U.

36 minutes ago, Brreadloaf said:

I have removed the internal hdd, and laptop hdd are pretty expensive, so I want to install the ps4 os on a usb external hdd or use a desktop HDD using extension cables!

8 hours ago, LiquidFox said:

Can i Install PS4 System Software on External HDD??

If not can I use 3.5 (desktop) HDD ???

Thank you!

a) no, you need it on the Internal one. And you can replace that with the right Download (a bit hidden!)

b) In an external case it would be possible, yes.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 11/2/2018 at 10:42 PM, Stefan Payne said:

a) no, you need it on the Internal one. And you can replace that with the right Download (a bit hidden!)

b) In an external case it would be possible, yes.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:17 PM, Brreadloaf said:

Can I use a sata extension cable to connect a internal desktop HDD to ps4?? 

41MKU+SMnjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41AO5RxfZsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

416zSoqaNJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Note- by using these cable do I need to provide power to hdd by some pc power supply ??

37 minutes ago, LiquidFox said:

Can I use a sata extension cable to connect a internal desktop HDD to ps4?? 

No, you can't.

If you could, the Original PS4 3,5" Adaptors would not have had an internal PSU.

And why would you do that anyway?!

Just put in a 250-500GB SSD inside the Internal Slot and use an external 3,5" HDD.

PS4 Supports that, though it _HAS_ to be USB 3.0 Super Speed.

So why would you want to do it anyway?? 

Seems to me that you:
a) don't have a PS4 yet so that you do not know how the Drive Bay looks (hint: You can't use an Adaptorcable without Dissasembly of the Console)

b) You can use just an external 3,5" Drive like a WD Mybook or something like that. Configure that as external Storage and be done with it.

What you are planning here seems like you are totally overthinking the stuff you want to do.

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

don't have a PS4 yet so that you do not know how the Drive Bay looks (hint: You can't use an Adaptorcable without Dissasembly of the Console)

Come on, I do have a ps4!, i can send you a picture if you want and proof of purchase.

I just wanna know if it is possible or not,

I the meantime, I have installed my old 250 HDD into it. It runs fine, but I live in an area where power cuts are often, maybe 5-8 times a day.

I fear that my ps4 will damaged. What can get damaged in ps4 due to force shutdown due to power cut/loss?? I do have a UPS but I think it might not support the power draw of ps4 on heavy gaming.

Well thank you for your support!

20 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And why would you do that anyway?!

Just put in a 250-500GB SSD inside the Internal Slot and use an external 3,5" HDD.

PS4 Supports that, though it _HAS_ to be USB 3.0 Super Speed.

Because I don't want to spent too much on my old ps4, because I'm planning to buy a xbox one s or ps4 slim. Well you can help me decide, xbox one s or ps4 slim! What you think??

9 hours ago, LiquidFox said:

Come on, I do have a ps4!, i can send you a picture if you want and proof of purchase.

I just wanna know if it is possible or not,

I the meantime, I have installed my old 250 HDD into it. It runs fine, but I live in an area where power cuts are often, maybe 5-8 times a day.

I fear that my ps4 will damaged. What can get damaged in ps4 due to force shutdown due to power cut/loss?? I do have a UPS but I think it might not support the power draw of ps4 on heavy gaming.

Well thank you for your support!

PS4 draws like 150W or so.

And if you have the Original one, there are Adaptors for 3,5" HDD (before ext. HDDs were supported), though they've become rare.

But I think I mentioned that earliar, did I not?

That is literally what you were looking for, isn't it??

Here a Link to how it looks.

https://www.amazon.de/Festplatten-Adapter-PS4-Design-Original-Festplatte-CUH-11XX-CUH-12XX/dp/B00UA55ZRI

Old CFL Screens can also consume about the same as the PS4 (150W are possible, measured 120W on my DELL U2410), modern LED Screens use a fraction of that...

9 hours ago, LiquidFox said:

Because I don't want to spent too much on my old ps4, because I'm planning to buy a xbox one s or ps4 slim. Well you can help me decide, xbox one s or ps4 slim! What you think??

I have XBox One X and PS4 PRO...

And the List of things the one X can't do is long. The UI is bad, the shop is worse (if youw ant to play backwards compatible 360 Games). And there aren't really any exclusives either.

So the best thing on one is Halo Master Chief Compilation and that's about it. 
As for Hardware: The one S is worse than your PS4 and has to go down.

Funny thing: the new Revision Xbox One Controllers with Bluetooth Support you can pair with the Playstation. Though its rather useless and you can't do anything with it.

That means that you could use a wireless Bluetooth Headset with the PS4 for example.

HDMI CEC (the ones that switches on the TV when you switch on the Console) isn't supported. And a bit of other things...

And the PS4 Slim is basically the same thing with lower power consumption. 

Also the question is what PS4 you have? The Original CUH-1000 or the Revised CUH-1200??

Eurogamer has an article about the savings:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-the-playstation-4-slim-cuh-2000

But to be honest: I wouldn't switch to the Slim one. 

If I'd switch, I'd go for the PS4 PRO, that could kinda make sense because better graphics.

But going from the normal PS4 to the Slim? Naa, waste of money. Even the saved Power won't give you anything back...

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And the List of things the one X can't do is long.

Could we see the list? Asking out of curiosity since you only gave one example so far.

Switching from a PS4 to PS4 makes literally no sense (I hear Slim is marginally less obnoxiously loud, but if that's a concern just switch to any other platform). It sounds to me that you're just bored, and games isn't the answer. Consider getting something cheaper or actually rewarding to get over it. Anything retro is always fun to try, so maybe pick a cheap used 2.5" drive for your perfectly good PS4, and supplement it with some sort of retro companion (console or computer, laptops are space efficient if that's an issue).

Stop yelling and ???ing all the time, why would you want to be that guy.

4 hours ago, tatte said:

Could we see the list? Asking out of curiosity since you only gave one example so far.

-no Bluetooth so no wireless headsets (only analogues connected to the Controller)

-no good exclusives (Halo was good 15 Years+ Ago, today its just average or above average)

-no HDMI CEC

-Can't buy 360 Games without Payment Options in your account.

-no Wishlist

-No Gyros or other movement stuff

-controller doesn't come with rechargable batteries...

Many of those things are stuff that even the Playstation 3 had (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth, Movement stuff in Controller)...

11 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

-no Bluetooth so no wireless headsets (only analogues connected to the Controller)

-no good exclusives (Halo was good 15 Years+ Ago, today its just average or above average)

-no HDMI CEC

-Can't buy 360 Games without Payment Options in your account.

-no Wishlist

-No Gyros or other movement stuff

-controller doesn't come with rechargable batteries...

Many of those things are stuff that even the Playstation 3 had (HDMI CEC, Bluetooth, Movement stuff in Controller)...

Boy, that's not a long list. Wish list was rolled out a couple of days ago, so it gets even shorter. The rest looks valid enough, controllers not being stuck with internal batteries isn't really a thing "one X can't do", but it's a question of value for sure. I might add the general funkiness of acquiring any 360 content using One, but at least it's there. Xbox has a feature called Live TV in place of CEC support, it's not the same, but it probably gets the job done.

Let's see if we can make a longer list for PlayStation 4 PRO.

- No IR sensor

- Weaker graphics and game purchases are restricted to one platform

- No HDMI pass-through

- Can't play existing PlayStation 3 library

- Store forces to commit at least $5 when you purchase something

- Controller doesn't come with replaceable battery or durable thumbstick caps

It's a tie, amazing! I was pleasantly surprised to see that Sony had finally added a rear USB port, goes nicely with the relatively recent support for external storage. Would have liked to see more ports to make VR setups more sensible, but it's not like you'll see the cables while you're in VR so it probably works out.

3 hours ago, tatte said:

Boy, that's not a long list.

Why you defend the one X so much?! There isn't really much to defend...

The only consoles that make sense right now are PS4 and Switch. There isn't much going for the One.

There are things I've forgotten like the Super Sampling Mode of the PRO, easy Screenshots/Video recording and a whole bunch other stuff as well...

Oh and of course, the HDD is easily replacable with the PS4 without voiding the Warranty!
While there are ways to replace the Original Drive of an XBox, its a pain, you loose warranty, risk damaging the console and it takes a ton of research and fiddling around, reseting the Console and stuff like that. 

With PS4, you just replace it, DL the new Installation File (down on the Page), put it on a FAT32 formatted USB Stick and install it....

The rest looks valid enough, controllers not being stuck with internal batteries isn't really a thing "one X can't do", but it's a question of value for sure.

Yes, because the "Play and Charge Kit" is sold extra for another ~20 Bucks that makes the one Controller rather expensive, as it can't do much more than the 360 Controller, just a bit tweaked and added trigger vibrators...

I might add the general funkiness of acquiring any 360 content using One, but at least it's there.

And its bullshit, because you can't buy them without payment options in the Account!

I said that earlier.

And most of the Games are available on PC anyway (like 60 or so on a quick lock, probably at least half of the games on the List are useless) and the really interesting Games like Nier aren't on the List....

So the onl real interesting Game on the Backwards Compatibility List is Red Dead Redemption. And that's about it...

But we had this discussion a thousand times. Why don't you look at it and tell us wich games are worth it..

When from my Original XBox 360 Libary that I've got when the 360 was alive like 1 Game that I might care (Lost Odysee)about runs on the One X. And the rest doesn't matter anyway (=LEGO)...

All the other JRPG in my Posession like Magna Carta 2, Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate, Resonance of Fate, Star Ocean the Last Hope are not on the List...

Xbox has a feature called Live TV in place of CEC support, it's not the same, but it probably gets the job done.

well, no it doesn't.

Look up what HDMI CEC Does and don't claim that it is something similar when its not...

With that you can use the TV Remote to control the Console and vice versa. Without any frickeling or other stuff...

Let's see if we can make a longer list for PlayStation 4 PRO.

...wich gets debunked by me instantly because I have both consoles...

Do you also have both?

- No IR sensor

Irrelevant as HDMI CEC already offers control of the console via remote control or switching on the TV when switching on the console, without the need for additional accesoirs...

And, as I said, the PS3 already offers that. So there is no excuse to not implement it as it should have been known that Sony uses it.

- Weaker graphics and game purchases are restricted to one platform

Maybe but no Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit and a couple of other Titles.

And some Games (Like Dragon Quest XI) are available on everything else but XBox...

And there are a couple of those...

You have Halo wich didn't age that well. Its nice and the price isn't too bad. But compared to the newer open worldish stuff on the Sony Console it  doesn't really hold a candle and didn't age too well either (the updated Graphics doesn't look that great, the Original has a better/fitting atmosphere)...

And to make matters worse: It crashes under certain situations.

- No HDMI pass-through

...wich only works when the console is running and wastes unnecessary power (in my Case ~80W), so not very useful either.

If it was useful and I could use it when the console was powered off, I'd use it but the way its done doesn't make much sense or this a "Killerfeature"...

- Can't play existing PlayStation 3 library

Well at least I can buy them with the Money I have in my Account without Sony giving any payment options...

You can't with the M$ Store, you have to have either an XBox 360 to buy the games from the Money in your Account or surrender your payment stuff to Mircosoft...

And the Libary that is online is rather small, for a new XBox User only a Hand full titles (at most) make sense and most other stuff (like Star Ocean the Last Hope, Resonance of Fate, Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta) and a ton of others are available on PC as well...

So what are you talking about exactly?? Name the Games.

Not just claim that it might be an advantage.

Especially for someone who doesn't have an existing 360 libary. And even people who have an existing 360 Libary can play like a hand full of games on the One. So not that great at all...

- Store forces to commit at least $5 when you purchase something

Citation needed...

And for the XBox Store you can't even claim the 360 Games with Gold without said Payment Options...

- Controller doesn't come with replaceable battery or durable thumbstick caps

Battery it is rather easily replacable, you just remove 4 Screws and you're in. There aren't even Special screws, they are Philips. Need to be a bit careful but its not that big of a deal.

The Thumbsticks could also be replaed, though its a bit more effort but not that much, if you do know how to take things apart and put them together, it wouldn't be an issue for you either.

And to make matters worse for you: The Batterys for PS4 Controllers are dirt cheap. Like under 10€ Cheap, if you want a new one.

And analogue Thumbstick Replacements you can also get rather cheapish for like 5€ or so (for one or two pairs). So not really an argument...

And disassembly of the PS4 Controller is pretty easy, if you are a bit careful with the Lightbar Cable when going in.

All you need is a tiny philipps Screwdriver (a good PH00 or so), and a careful massage for the clips and you're good to go. Its almost as if its meant to be dissasembled by the User. :P

The Ones on my One Controller (for Windows, first generation with the shiny stuff on top).

And disassembly of the XBox One controller isn't that easy and a pain in the behind - as you need T8 Securuty Screw Drivers. And one Screw is behind the Label wich obviously voids the Warranty...

Here the Guide for the Battery:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

Thumb Sticks:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Analog+Stick+Covers+Replacement/22675

And now the XBox One Controller:

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+One+Wireless+Controller+Teardown/72986

Yeah, no. The XBox One Controller is a Mess to disassemble. PS4 Controller is pretty easy on the other Hand...

I have done them both...

PS4 is a bit more complicated than the PS3 Controller (because of the LED Light thingy) but far easier than the XBox One Controller, wich is far worse than the 360 Controller (wich also needs Security Torx Screw Drivers)

I'd give the PS4 Battery Replacement a difficulty Rating of like 2, Replacing the Thumb Sticks maybe a 4 or so. The One Controller is more like a 6-7. Rather Complicated and getting things back together took me a while (like 30min or so because of that darn Connect Button on the Back).
Though that's the Older Style, not the more ugly newer one that doesn't have the shiny stuff on top and bluetooth.

It's a tie, amazing!

Not really, the PS4 is far ahead as most of the points you made are irrelevant or not real advantages (for example HDMI Passthrough - when the Devices wastes 80W or so its not a useful thing) and you forget that people want to play games.

And there are only 2 options:
Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4, though the Switch seems to be ahead a bit it seems...

XBox One has only the Master Chief Collection. Forza Horizon 2 is dead, got removed from the Store. And 3 and 4 are available on PC.

Gears of War 4 is on PC and while not a bad game, its not a great game either:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/gears-of-war-4

Spider-Man on PS4 has Awesome User Scores, 8,7 right now.

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty good as well (8,3)

God of War (the new one, also called Father of Son) has even Higher Ratings -> 9,2 for them

Detroit Become Human is also very loved by the users -> 8,7

Uncharted is also very highly rated (Nathan Drake Collection 8,6 the latest two got 8,3 and 8,1)

on XBox, the Master Chief Collection only got a 7,4 (though mostly because of a bad port, technical issues)...

So why miss out on Horizon, God of War or Detroit??

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Sony had finally added a rear USB port,

...wich you want why exactly??
Especially since the PS4 PRO comes with 2 front and 2 on the back, the One X only has one on the Front...

goes nicely with the relatively recent support for external storage.

well, it wasn't that important because you could replace the internal harddrive, wich lead brilliant inventors to invent 3,5" Adaptors for the Original one, where you could put in 4TB HDDs...

And 2,5" Drives with 9,5mm (or less) were available around mid 2014:
https://geizhals.de/samsung-spinpoint-m9t-2tb-st2000lm003-st2000lm006-a1135990.html?hloc=de#offerlist

And since the HDD bay was on the Front on the Original Fat PS4, you could also get another HDD Cage for the PS4 and just replace the Disc.

Its a bit annoying when an update comes around, but if you really wanted to, you could.

And there was this:

https://nyko.com/collections/playstation-4/products/playstation-4-data-bank

https://nyko.com/collections/playstation-4/products/data-bank-plus-for-playstation-4

Don't know when the BACKUPS were implemented...

You see most of your points are debunked...

Now... that's... a... long... post...

Why you defend the one X so much?! There isn't really much to defend...

If you take a moment and consider it, six items is not a long list. Stating that isn't defending something "so much?!". A bit later you even quote me agreeing with the list itself, but you didn't pay much attention to that after instantly going full berserk, did you?

Especially since the PS4 PRO comes with 2 front and 2 on the back, --

I'm having difficulty finding a picture showing two USB ports on the back, could you post a photo showing those?

Speaking of PlayStation's $5 minimum transaction:

Citation needed...

Upon further inspection it sounds like Sony has finally removed that a couple of months ago. It'll naturally take a while before search results start properly reflecting this, but my research was sloppy, no argument there. (Let's call it even with your wish list part.)

No, I don't have any version of PS4 (or PS3 for that matter). I'm waiting for a worthwhile deal. PlayStation holds the keys for many interesting games, but I wasted enough money on the last generation to know to be careful of committing to several collections of games this time around. It's actually pretty frustrating that most stores here don't even stock Xboxes, Switch is kind of teetering, but the price of the PS4 doesn't seem to ever drop. I'm not the kind of gamer that has to experience every game out there, so your motivations don't apply to me, and my perspective doesn't fit your needs.

I do my best to try and not actually recommend Xbox to anyone, feel free to reread the thread and dig as deep as you want. No platform is perfect, your argument about how unreasonable $20 battery pack is compared to spending at least $15 + time proves that rather nicely. Additionally, replacing the internal HDD on the One X isn't much more complicated than replacing the battery on DualShock 5, so why is one a perk and other a downside? PlayStation 4 has won the mainstream fair and square, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy Xbox (or get annoyed when people get rock hard peepees for the opportunity to trash talk something with no objective basis. Owning something doesn't mean you automatically know and understand everything about something).

The whole electronics industry seems to lack real innovation and direction. EA is greedy, Apple is completely disconnected from the public, Ubisoft makes the same game over and over, Microsoft can't commit to anything and make it right the first time, but Sony knows good games sell. They get hacked, their consoles are loud as hell (but they are reliable, so it still works out alright) and they are super (duper) slow to let go of minor principles. Sony wins with games, but I don't feel like the competition is particularly tough right now. We need more comparable games trying to outdo each other.

If you want something to pick on, try this: I have my wireless headphones connected to my TV and PC (optical audio), I'd have no use for Bluetooth support in Xbox. My TV does more than just serve the console, so having one system override my control in any way would probably just be annoying. I'm the sort of guy who 1) has a Mac Pro and 2) has ~massive heatsinks on it's RAM to keep the system quiet. Xboxes are quiet by default, in contrast I have had to remove the disc from PS3s because they thought the disc must spin full on when I watch Youtube. I still main my original One controller from three years ago, it appears to be even more wear resistant than a 360 controller. I resumed using batteries for now after my 5€ dual battery pack deteriorated to a single battery lasting only a day at a time (10€ for 30 major brand batteries is cheap enough for now). I have had no need to open my One controllers or consoles. I have never felt the option to play something either on the PC or on the couch is a bad and detrimental thing. ?‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, tatte said:

If you take a moment and consider it, six items is not a long list.

Maybe but beeing able to replace the HDD with whatever you like is a biggie.

Super Sampling is also something to consider

1 hour ago, tatte said:

I'm having difficulty finding a picture showing two USB ports on the back, could you post a photo showing those?

Sorry, its 3 for both Premium Models.

2 on the Front for Sony

one on Front for M$.

And you'd want it on the Front anyway for easy Access.

So the Sony layout makes much more sense.

1 hour ago, tatte said:

No, I don't have any version of PS4 (or PS3 for that matter).

See, then you should Listen to people who have both and tell you that there is littel to no reason for the XBox.

The Hardware is overrated as Nintendo Switch is showing again.

What counts is the Games you can play.

And what Games can I play with the Xbox?? not much more...

And nobody wants the XBox anyway. I got mine used for ~350€ and only because the one selling it held onto it for a month.

1 hour ago, tatte said:

It's actually pretty frustrating that most stores here don't even stock Xboxes,

Because nobody buys it.

The last statistics that M$ released showed that for one XBox people bought two Playstations.

And that was 3 Years ago or so, when M$ stopped to tell us the Xbox sales. I doubt that the sales increased. On the contrary...

The Launch is something M$ totally messed up. The XBox was less powerful but cost 100€ more in the Beginning, you had to be always Online to play your Games (after Preassure M$ changed that). The Boot time is like a Minute or so (PS4: like 10 Seconds)

And what Exclusives are there that's worth it?!
on PS4 you have like 10 exclusives that are Decent-Good.

On the XBox? Well, there is the Master Chief Collection. But that#s about it. Everything else that's worthwile is on PC. Some even on Steam!

Zoo Tycoon, ReCore and a couple of others were released in September on Steam. And also on PC...

1 hour ago, tatte said:

Switch is kind of teetering, but the price of the PS4 doesn't seem to ever drop. I'm not the kind of gamer that has to experience every game out there, so your motivations don't apply to me, and my perspective doesn't fit your needs.

Yeah and due to Price and other stuff, the 1TB PS4 Slim makes little to no sense, the Pro is the way to go.

The 500GB Slim is like 300€.

The 1TB Slim is like 350€

The 1TB PRO is 400€

The 1TB PRO in the new CUH-7216B with Red Dead Redemption 2 is like 430€ or so. 

And they are all Stackable.

The One X is still 470€ or so...

And while the one S is cheaper, its also often only 1600x900 Pixels instead of full 1080p...

But what good is a Console wich doesn't increase the size of Games I could play by not much? 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is something you can (and probably) should play on PC..

1 hour ago, tatte said:

Additionally, replacing the internal HDD on the One X isn't much more complicated than replacing the battery on DualShock 5, so why is one a perk and other a downside? 

Because your statement is bullshit.

And I've done both, so I can tell you that the Replacement of the Dual Shock 4 Battery is something that can be done in 5min and not to hurry much.

Replacing the internal HDD of the Xbox one X takes a lot longer and like a Dozend Screws or so. And if you're not careful you can even ruin your console and rip off the connector of the Front Panel.

You need two different Sized Torx Screw Drivers as well as some Serious Hackery that might or might not work the first time...

Comparing both makes no sense, especially if you ever were in them and done both...

1 hour ago, tatte said:

PlayStation 4 has won the mainstream fair and square, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy Xbox (or get annoyed when people get rock hard peepees for the opportunity to trash talk something with no objective basis. Owning something doesn't mean you automatically know and understand everything about something).

Then tell a (couple of) good reason(s) to get an XBox or how to enjoy them.

And why one should pay 470€ for the One X (wich is the only one that really makes sense) for less than a Handfull of games?

Again, its the games that make the Console interesting. Not the Hardware. even when Sony messed up their Hardware, M$ was only able to break even and overall sell the same as Sony.
I've gotten myself a 360 last generation and it is the better Console compared to the One (well, except for the Performance of course)...

But to still NOT support Bluetooth is hardly excusable. 

1 hour ago, tatte said:

The whole electronics industry seems to lack real innovation and direction.

What would you call the Touchpad on the PS4 Controller than?

Or that you can replace the Charging Port of a Dual Shock 4 Controller without any soldering?
The Gyro + Accelrometer is something carried over from the PS3, so I won't really count that.

But why didn't M$ also adopt the Gyro + Accelerometer of the Siaxis (or Dual Shock 3) Controller??

1 hour ago, tatte said:

Microsoft can't commit to anything and make it right the first time,

The XBox One is the Third XBox...

The Second one (360) went quite well, though I'd say thet the PS3 would have been better for me.

And they had to mess it up...

1 hour ago, tatte said:

If you want something to pick on, try this: I have my wireless headphones connected to my TV and PC (optical audio), I'd have no use for Bluetooth support in Xbox.

And how would you comminicate with other players??
The only way to do that with an XBox One is an analogue headset connected to the Controller...

PS4 can also do that but you have the Choice between an Analogue Headset and a Bluetooth...

1 hour ago, tatte said:

I still main my original One controller from three years ago, it appears to be even more wear resistant than a 360 controller.

Yes and?! The newer XBox One Controller without that shiny stuff on top is completely different, feels different as well (has a far rougher surface compared to the old one with the Shiny thing on Top that I've Linked in the Teardown)
The newer PS4 Controller (I don't have any of the older ones) seems to be quite good in this case as well.

Also the PS3 Controllers look pretty reliable and wear resistant as well. All 3 of my Dual Shock 3 look almost as good as new.

And wich one is best? Depends wich one you've used the last 3 Months exclusively.

But from a Technological Perspective, you have to admit that the PS4 Controlelr is superior as it comes with a Touchpad, Accelerometer + Gyros, integrated (easily replacable) Batteries and a seperate Charging Port that is NOT soldered to the main PCB but connected with a Flat Flex cable.

1 hour ago, tatte said:

I have had no need to open my One controllers or consoles.

I had to do that with my 360 Controller (wich is pretty worn down) and I've also opened my XBox One X to replace the HDD with an SSD for a couple of Weeks before going back to the Original HDD.

And replacing the integrated HDD for example because it died is a pain for the One.

For the PS4 PRO? Remove a Plastic Cover, one Screw and you have the Drive in your hand. Then the usual 4 Screws and you can replace it.

Can be done by most users.

PH1 Screw Driver wich also should be in every household (or you could use your Victorinox Swiss Army Knive) is all you need.

1 hour ago, tatte said:

I have never felt the option to play something either on the PC or on the couch is a bad and detrimental thing. ?‍♂️ 

...wich is only supported by a couple of M$ Exclusive Games, not all of them...

And also:
Why wouldn't I play it from the PC in both cases??
Steam has support for all major Controllers -> XBox One, Playstation 4, their own thing, hell even the Nintendo Switch PRO Controller is supported. 

And there is also this thing:

Why would I want a Console for PC Games when the Options for PC Hardware are just soo much more interesting and free??

With a PC I can use whatever Controller I feel like, it can come with Bluetooth Support as well.

And the Steam Big Picture Mode is a better UI than M$ XBox One as well...

46 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

So the Sony layout makes much more sense.

How? Why would you want something as static as a VR setup installed on the front ports, especially when you need those ports to keep your controllers working?

Not owning something doesn't mean I can't research something, and... the.... length... of... your... reply... mostly... confirms... your... desperation.... which I give... nil... fucks... about...

"Xbox exclusives can be played on PC, so Xbox makes no sense." "...which is only supported by a couple of M$ Exclusive Games, not all of them..." Heh. You think you responded to my post, but you didn't. Maybe one day someone explains why that's the case, and you can stop hating me for not bothering to rephrase anything.

6 hours ago, tatte said:

How? Why would you want something as static as a VR setup installed on the front ports, especially when you need those ports to keep your controllers working?

Why would you want 2 USB Connectors on the Back?! You can't access those easily.

So the only thing that makes sense for them is an external Drive and not much else.

In the Front you can use one port for Charging for example, the other one for a USB Stick to copy stuff like Screenshots, Videos or backup your Save files to.

Oh wait I found another thing where the PS4 is Superior:
You can backup your stuff to external drives!

Not owning something doesn't mean I can't research something,

Guy who only owns XBox One wants to tell guy who owns XBox One X and Playstation 4 PRO (as well as 360, PS3, WiiU) that his console is the better one...

SRYSLY?!

YOU should get your hands on a PS4 and get some experience with it before continuing here...

Because I have those, that's my Gaming Lineup (put together because of this Photo, the Super Slim was a mistake and mainly got it because of the Controllers, wanted a FAT):

1334517666_DSC_5260(Custom).thumb.jpeg.1fcd2237d2da6b9554da00db9f4f9366.jpeg

I have both.

And the only games that I've played on the One X are Forza Horizon 2 and the Master Chief Collection. That's about it.

As with Playing the same game on multiple devices:
Steam supports that with the Steam Cloud.

You could also do that with a Playstation 3 or 4 as well, if you wanted to.

So where's the Argument for the XBox really? 

You didn't even name the Backward Compatible Game that would be an argument for the XBox One X. Although its all the rage and was all over the news a couple of days ago because of the Suffragette....

Red Dead Redemption, the sequel to Red Dead Redemption 2!

And now lets make a really bad comparisation:
Compare the XBox One with the 360:
the 360 had removable/replacable harddrives (though only proprietary M$ ones)

The 360 started within seconds, you switch it on -> BAM, its there a couple of Seconds later and you can play your game.

The 360 has TWO front USB and _THREE_ on the Back

Though I'd say that every new UI made the 360 Worse, the 2010 UI is what I'm most familiar with and liked the most. The new One Style was just crap...

As for me there is only one thing I care about:
If I buy X, how many games can I play that I couldn't before?

That's the most important part of consoles!!