War Thunder or World of Warplanes?

DIV1D3

Just a while ago I discovered World of Warplanes and now I found War Thunder. I was just wondering which game has less grinding for money and unlockables. I've played World of Tanks and I know that it takes quite a while to obtain a decent machine that will last the whole match and I just wanted to know if this is the same go with War Thunder. 

Over-all I'm looking for the most fun, rewardable game that doesn't take hours and hours just to unlock a few ok planes. 

Thanks if you help me out.

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I like War Thunder as in arcade mode I can fly all my planes in one battle.

World of Warplanes is more like WoT. I find War Thunder easer to advance in research and money isn't a problem.

Try both, they are free to play.

Both games are very different other than they both have flying machines in them. Try both; i myself like both of them as they are very different.

Personally prefer War Thunder, seems less of a grind overall and the flight mechanics+damage model are better realised.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I like War Thunder as in arcade mode I can fly all my planes in one battle.

World of Warplanes is more like WoT. I find War Thunder easer to advance in research and money isn't a problem.

Try both, they are free to play.

Both games are very different other than they both have flying machines in them. Try both; i myself like both of them as they are very different.

I would prefer to play just one game, not two as I will be playing quite a bit of BF4, Ghosts and Starbound as well. Just want to know which games has less grinding.

Personally prefer War Thunder, seems less of a grind overall and the flight mechanics+damage model are better realised.

Awesome, I did see a little bit of it and I did realise it, only slightly though.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

War Thunder is SO much better than WoWP

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Really the biggest thing for me is the grinding. Warplanes constantly feels like you're only playing to get an ever so slightly better plane or equipment, War Thunder I play to shoot down guys in a Spitfire cause I love Spitfires. And I can get half a dozen models of Spitfire and fly them all in one game :3

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

World of Warplanes progression is built to aggravate the player into paying for convenience, while in War Thunder, the progression makes sense historically, is realistic, and isn't a grind. There isn't any pay to win elements in War Thunder, such as premium ammo in WoWP.

Also, War Thunder will eventually have tanks, planes and ships all in one game, controlled by players, with AI infantry running around.

The WoT/ WoWP people announced something similar in a panicked response, but it will never be as good, not as well realised, and will also be much later. They are just too far behind and the back-end isn't even there.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

War Thunder is SO much better than WoWP

Really the biggest thing for me is the grinding. Warplanes constantly feels like you're only playing to get an ever so slightly better plane or equipment, War Thunder I play to shoot down guys in a Spitfire cause I love Spitfires. And I can get half a dozen models of Spitfire and fly them all in one game :3

I'm starting to see that War Thunder is a much better game. I did realise that you are able to deploy multiple fighters in just one game, in WoWP you have to exit the game, pick a new fighter and join a new game just to play again. 

World of Warplanes progression is built to aggravate the player into paying for convenience, while in War Thunder, the progression makes sense historically, is realistic, and isn't a grind. There isn't any pay to win elements in War Thunder, such as premium ammo in WoWP.

Also, War Thunder will eventually have tanks, planes and ships all in one game, controlled by players, with AI infantry running around.

The WoT/ WoWP people announced something similar in a panicked response, but it will never be as good, not as well realised, and will also be much later. They are just too far behind and the back-end isn't even there.

Very nice input, extremely helpful. I did notice while looking on YouTube for videos about War Thunder that there was tanks mentioned so that'll be a nice addition. I did not however know that ships are being introduced, I was actually going to get one of these and then World of Warships (in development, probably what you are referring to), I might still get both War Thunder and WoWS though. I'm really starting to like these other forms of war/fighting games, instead of just CoD multiplayer run-and-gun style.

Thanks for all your help guys, I now have decided to go with War Thunder, seems that it has a lot less grinding and more features that I like.

Cheers!

Warthunder is better if you are looking for a more plane simulation combat feel.

World of warplanes is very much an arcade flying game. They are both quality games so you can't go wrong. And they are both free to play so heck just try both and decide which one you like better : ) 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I think that warthunder is much better game, everything just seems to fit into place and I think it looks a lot better

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

War Thunder hands down. Both have had significant economy tweaks in the past, and to date I still think WT handles it better. You have to grind either way to make decent money in a decent amount of time, though WT has historical battles which rewards pilots more since it is closer to full real battles (including the flight models). WT imho also has better plane models in general, and unlike World of Warplanes, features actual historical planes unlike the latter which features planes that never really existed (they used blueprints for some of their models). As a game, War Thunder is better suited for depicting WWII combat despite being a more challenging game overall. Unlike War Gaming who split land, sea, and air into three distinct games, Gaijin are attempting to mould all three into the same title (the land aspect is currently in beta). What this means is that you can have real players commanding the planes, the tanks, and the boats instead of the AI.

Whether or not your opponents are competitive or not is a whole different story. You still get rammers either way (who are hated to the core by all of the community, so don't do it) and the "newbie" landscape highly resembles that of World of Tanks, which does get frustrating at times. It's been a while since I personally looked at WoW, but when I did it was horribly unoptimized. That being said, War Thunder isn't either (even on a high-end platform, it struggles to hit high fps) but mind you I haven't played in a long time so it may have changed.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Warthunder is better if you are looking for a more plane simulation combat feel.

World of warplanes is very much an arcade flying game. They are both quality games so you can't go wrong. And they are both free to play so heck just try both and decide which one you like better : ) 

I think that warthunder is much better game, everything just seems to fit into place and I think it looks a lot better

War Thunder hands down. Both have had significant economy tweaks in the past, and to date I still think WT handles it better. You have to grind either way to make decent money in a decent amount of time, though WT has historical battles which rewards pilots more since it is closer to full real battles (including the flight models). WT imho also has better plane models in general, and unlike World of Warplanes, features actual historical planes unlike the latter which features planes that never really existed (they used blueprints for some of their models). As a game, War Thunder is better suited for depicting WWII combat despite being a more challenging game overall. Unlike War Gaming who split land, sea, and air into three distinct games, Gaijin are attempting to mould all three into the same title (the land aspect is currently in beta). What this means is that you can have real players commanding the planes, the tanks, and the boats instead of the AI.

Whether or not your opponents are competitive or not is a whole different story. You still get rammers either way (who are hated to the core by all of the community, so don't do it) and the "newbie" landscape highly resembles that of World of Tanks, which does get frustrating at times. It's been a while since I personally looked at WoW, but when I did it was horribly unoptimized. That being said, War Thunder isn't either (even on a high-end platform, it struggles to hit high fps) but mind you I haven't played in a long time so it may have changed.

K, cool. Thanks for the useful input.