Copper Tubing is HARD

jakkuh_t
6 hours ago, Johetan said:

I used 12mm od 10mm id copper pipes. (Sorry, Germany) (super cheap, like 3€ per meter) 

And I used soft copper, which i straightened by putting one end in a vice, holding the other end with a wrench and gently hammering the wrench to straighten it. 

The fittings are Alphacool Eiszapfen g 1/4 12/10mm.

I guess if you want to go bigger, you might want to use 16mm soft copper pipe and 16mm od fittings.

And I think 16mm fitting with 5/8" is a bad idea, but is it not possible to find metric copper tubing? (or probably another o-ring?...

But youll still need a tube bender (a high quality one) 

the bending springs are garbage. 

Thanks for the info!

• 6 months later...

Finally done. 

It does do RGB Rainbow Unicorn puke. 

Block is EK Velocity, GPU Block is a now modified EK classic. RGB is the Aquacomputer Farbwerk 360 (Adressible), that does not require software to run permanently. 

Res is also an Aquacomputer 450ml res. Fans stay idle until 50°C CPU. It does not run hotter than 60 on a very mild Fan Curve. Its basically non audible. (Pump also runs on 42%PWM signal) 

No Problems with the Tubing even after a year. They still have some blemishes but ill work on that when the time for another refill comes. 

The LED Ring for the Res is 3D printed. It works for the 15LED RGBpx (80mm Res)

IMG_20200325_140821.jpg

IMG_20200325_140714.jpg

• 4 months later...

What size fittings did you they use for this? Anyone have any idea.  I'm in australia where they also have imperial units and as far as I can tell nothing will fit? Closest I can find is like 12.7mm OD which I don't see fitting a 12mm fitting?  

Any help would be really appreciated!