Custom Loop Core2duo What to do!!

I purchased a Core 2 duo E6300 2.8 ghz system with an asus p5k-e (with  a p5k deluxe spare ddr-3 Board with 2gb) 3x1gb ddr2 800mhz 5-5-5-12, 8600 GTS, 80gb velociraptor  and a custom water loop swiftech block/pump/resivior.

My question is it worth upgrading to a core 2 extreme and a video card upgrade or sell it? I paid $73 if so what are your opinions on value to resell on craigslist. I deal a lot with newer parts but I might wanna tinker a bit with this thing.

Cheers

post-25849-0-31580800-1389072573_thumb.j

post-25849-0-28415500-1389072585_thumb.j

post-25849-0-27910600-1389072608_thumb.j

post-25849-0-01096500-1389072628_thumb.j

I agree cable management is horrible, dusty, dirty and in a partial CM ricer case made to look like a nuclear briefcase...Ive only just got it up and running....but....but....specs are above the pics :)

I guess the main question is "is it worth cleaning up new hoses,new fluid, rearrange, clean up or part out or sell as is>.?

Looks better than my rig... I'd say fold on it or something. But you could maybe possibly sell it to some collector somewhere...

Dat rad dust...

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Is that power supply gold?

If yes... awesome.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

them blue coils or whatever around the tubing are hideous 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Wow. That's one ugly system (sorry :P)...

Imo it's too old to get new watercooling equipment for. Just try selling it and otherwise use it as a server/folding machine.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

The PSU is kinda goldish-ish-ish lol 480watt  I know this system is not really my cup of tea but figured I could scrub it up and throw a core 2 extreme or quad in it to keep it kinda relevant.  Here is a pic of my current system...soo ya this on makes me throw up in my mouth a little :)

post-25849-0-41343800-1389075206_thumb.j

Is that power supply gold?

If yes... awesome.

Gold in color yes not in power rating :P 

I wouldn't buy a Core 2 Extreme, but a Core 2 Quad might be nice. A Q6600 can be found on ebay for around $40.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I wouldn't buy a Core 2 Extreme, but a Core 2 Quad might be nice. A Q6600 can be found on ebay for around $40.

that's kinda what I was thinking I really don't wanna put much into it. I do have the p5k deluxe ddr3 board that im gonna swap in as well

You could get a new case, transfer everything and do cable management...and take off those hideous blue coils.  The parts would be alright for somethings 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

that's kinda what I was thinking I really don't wanna put much into it. I do have the p5k deluxe ddr3 board that im gonna swap in as well

That's a nice board.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

That coolant looks radioactive

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Put in all in a new case that you can actually cable manage in, and probably dust it off with compressed air.

Get rid of the blue coils... Also the fluid looks gross

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Put in all in a new case that you can actually cable manage in, and probably dust it off with compressed air.

Get rid of the blue coils... Also the fluid looks gross

+1

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Put educational games on and and gift it to a family with kids.

After cleaning it of course...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I used to have that mobo :D

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

What do you want to do with the computer? If you are mid-ranged gaming look for a Core 2 Quad to buy used and throw that in along with a decent GPU (560ti, 7850?). If you want to make a profit, sell the parts individually to get the most profit (ex: CPU $30, Mobo $50, Ram $20).

EDIT:

I took a second look at it and it really is a pretty good system. Is that a Modular PSU? Is the velociraptor a SSD? If you look at my Sig, you'd understand why I'm actually jealous of this. This has a lot of potential.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Clean it up and sell it to a friend... that's what I would do. Or mine with it.