Concern- Amazon Don’t Need a CV Card No... So that means people can use my card just by number !!!??? Surely they do somthing?

SMitch

Recently I have used amazon and I have never really shopped on there apart from a very long time ago but that was with a gift voucher 

I decided  to make an account for future sake and I needed to buy something today but I was adding my card and unlike every website it doesn’t ask for a CV code ...... wtf

ok I know not all websites use one but that means someone can just literally get my card number and spend .....

seriously though do they not do anything ? Would they say it’s up to me or can they prevent this I really don’t get how this is secure for a big company someone explain please ? 

I could just go and get my mates card and boom I’ve bought you a Christmas present .... only it’s on your card lmfao 

some will say say to me ..... but how would they of got ur number unless they had the card? Well it’s called if a hacker or virus gets your bank details somehow that’s why I’m concerned 

The CVV code is more of a protection for the company and credit card issuer, as the code does nothing but lower the processing fee for the seller in some cases. The credit card issuer may say invent of charge back or fraud that because the seller didn't ask for the CVV they are the one who are stiffed for the cost of the charge back. But the code is not required except when the payment processor requires it. At least this is what I was told with regard to the CVV.

16 hours ago, Cavecoding said:

The CVV code is more of a protection for the company and credit card issuer, as the code does nothing but lower the processing fee for the seller in some cases. The credit card issuer may say invent of charge back or fraud that because the seller didn't ask for the CVV they are the one who are stiffed for the cost of the charge back. But the code is not required except when the payment processor requires it. At least this is what I was told with regard to the CVV.

No it dont ask

so  i only recently bought alot of stuff off amazon aka pc parts 
anyway

i also bought some E gift cards for Christmas and stuff while i was there[ you can set the date to deliver on xmas so why not? ]

anyway i added my card all i asks for is number, name on card and makes me fill in my address

OK SO what if i drop my card or someone at a checkout gets a picture or something or a scanner on the atm > someone can goto amazon type my number on card also put my name BOOM BITCHES GOT MEH MOENY ?

for real though wtf? so what would happen then ? of course the bank might refund me maybe.. what does amazon do? i guess nothing right because its my fault for dropping it LMFAO ?? but still for real

like say if someone at my college a bully bullies me and gets my card and goes to amazon [ lets pretend i didn't know it was him btw XD ]

and i notice [ Transaction of £2000 from amazon.co.uk EGift voucher]

WTF THEN ! ? it just dont make sense to me because like idk would i get the 2k back ? or would they say its my fault for losing the card? or can amazon track the amazon e gift cards and save me ?

i just dont understand it really