Data Recovery on a HFS+ drive

I have an external Harddrive, where I am trying to recover some video files I have accidentally deleted. The Harddrive is unfortunately a HFS+ formatted drive, making things a bit more complicated. I succeeded in making the EaseUs data recovery software work, with the original folder-structure of the files still being visible. Unfortunately, after recovery, the program just puts all files into one folder, making it a complete mess.

Taking the HFS+ drive format into consideration, would you have any tips on software that could recover the data, and still keep the folder structure? Both Mac and windows programs would work

• 4 weeks later...

The process is quite complicated, and unlike similar actions with NTFS or FAT32, it takes much more time, due to the particular structure of the file system.

Of course, you can try to recover data by yourself using some data recovery software available on the internet, but for HFS+ file system it will likely not give you successful result.

Therefore, if you don’t care about lost information on the device, we recommend you to contact Apple center to replace it. However, if there is valuable data on the drive – it is always better to contact the experts.