Black screen after installing new cpu + graphics card

Bunke

So i installed a new graphics card + cpu and after i did that i only get a black screen (using hdmi i currently dont have a vga cable) i dont get any error sounds or anything like that just black screem so what ive tried is : reinserting the new cpu the old cpu the old graphics card the new graphics card connecting my hdmi to motherboard and gpu and so far ive got nothing and at this point i think that my motherboard might be broken i dont know if its corrupt bios or maybe even a physical problem.

Old CPU : intel core i5-6500

New CPU : intel core i5-7600k

Old GPU: geforce gtx 1050

New GPU: geforce gtx 1060 6gb

Motherboard: gigabyte h110m mATX

Have you flashed the Bios to accept newer gen CPU?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

what exactly happens with you black screen,   does fans turn on but no post? 

are you sure you had an up-to-date bios like Popsicle suggested.

Do the fans turn off right away.

Did you check to make sure all the connections are fully in and secure (pci-e and power connectors) at both ends if its a Modular PSU

If you can't get Post to appear you have one of a few issues,  loose connection somewhere,   or the PSU/CPU/MOBO  is having an issue.

if the system appears to  start up fin but the video card isn't sending a signal you should still get black screen if plugged in even if no feed.

At this point an easy test would be a spare/different monitor or connector.  If that doesnt help then you need to go at it from the Base level troubleshooting till you can get POST to appear on poower-up

27 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Have you flashed the Bios to accept newer gen CPU?

No i didnt have an uptodate bios i read about it bit forget about it like a dumbass

5 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

what exactly happens with you black screen,   does fans turn on but no post? 

are you sure you had an up-to-date bios like Popsicle suggested.

Do the fans turn off right away.

Did you check to make sure all the connections are fully in and secure (pci-e and power connectors) at both ends if its a Modular PSU

If you can't get Post to appear you have one of a few issues,  loose connection somewhere,   or the PSU/CPU/MOBO  is having an issue.

if the system appears to  start up fin but the video card isn't sending a signal you should still get black screen if plugged in even if no feed.

At this point an easy test would be a spare/different monitor or connector.  If that doesnt help then you need to go at it from the Base level troubleshooting till you can get POST to appear on poower-up

Fans do start and stay on the whole time  but i dont see anything on the screen it seems to start up fine even without the graphics ill try a different connector shortly im currently on my way home and yes i checked the connections at least twice

would be useful to try an integrated connection (if mobo has one, i know most don't these days) 

What your describing sounds like  some failure in communication between CPU and GPU,  which is the mobo/ram's job to facilitate.

did you check memory compatibility?  and or do you use OC-spec-Ram? 

Most of the testing requires spare parts to swap out,   I see you tested old cpu/gpu in the Mobo.   at about this point i would be contacting either place of sale or Manufacture to find out about replacement or possible fix since mid-low end tech solutions are not working

7 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

would be useful to try an integrated connection (if mobo has one, i know most don't these days) 

What your describing sounds like  some failure in communication between CPU and GPU,  which is the mobo/ram's job to facilitate.

did you check memory compatibility?  and or do you use OC-spec-Ram? 

Most of the testing requires spare parts to swap out,   I see you tested old cpu/gpu in the Mobo.   at about this point i would be contacting either place of sale or Manufacture to find out about replacement or possible fix since mid-low end tech solutions are not working

I already tried using the onboard connector and still nothing memory is definetly compatible and i dont use OC ram oh and i also tried an alternstive connector and still nothing

48 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

Mobo issue of some sort then, Begin RMA phase unfortunatly

What is begin rma phase?

11 minutes ago, Bunke said:

What is begin rma phase?

Return merchandise authorization

You need to flash the bios when going from 6xxx to 7xxx.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

6 hours ago, Bunke said:

What is begin rma phase?

yea sorry to the late reply, Its the acronym used to indicate in-warranty servicing by the manufacture or place of sale.

7 hours ago, Bunke said:

No i didnt have an uptodate bios i read about it bit forget about it like a dumbass

Yeah before you RMA you should pop your old CPU in and update the BIOS 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah before you RMA you should pop your old CPU in and update the BIOS 

in one of his earlier replys he mentioned that he tried the old cpu and gpu to no avail,  thats why i recommended RMA services outright.

as far as his testing goes he seems to have done all available basic testing he can do with out a mobo swap.