RX 580 8gb not working

Ben Mills
Go to solution Solved by Ben Mills,

i have a gigabyte aorus rx 580 8gb ( linked below )

i have a Cooler Master MasterWatt 550W Modular PSU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Graphics-Cards/Gigabyte-AORUS-Radeon-Graphic-GV-RX580AORUS-8GD/B06Y46X4L9

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/80-plus/masterwatt-550/

When i turn my pc on my gpu fans will go 100% and then will not work.I have to use integrated graphics like i am now as my gpu isnt working but the RGB lights are on.

Also, my psu makes a high pitch noise when playing games and not when browsing the internet for example.

Any idea what is the problem? my rx 580 8gb has the latest drivers, this has happened a few times.

What model PSU do you have? What make and model RX 580 8GB?
Do you have the 6/8pin power connectors plugged in to the graphics card?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 3 weeks later...

Hey dude have you sorted this problem ? If not you have to disable Integrated graphics Before you plug your graphics card in . So start you computer up without gpu in and then disable integrated graphics in device manager and then once it’s fully disabled plug in your gpu and it should work . Also if it doesn’t try and see if there is an option in the bios to disable integrated graphics