GTX 770 or EVGA GTX 660 ti SC SLI?

Can you guys help me decide between either an EVGA GTX 770 or EVGA GTX 660 ti SC sli? I currently have one EVGA GTX 660 ti SC already, but I am looking for better performance, mostly in Battlefield 4 on a 1080p monitor. I would like to play on ultra maxed out if possible. 

Current system specs:

• Intel i7 3770
  • Asus Sabertooth z77
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 660 ti SC
  • Corsair HX850
  • Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
  • 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
  • 1080p Samsung Monitor (60hz refresh rate but I'm upgrading soon)

Thanks again!

For performance dual 660 ti's would beat it 10 times out of 11 but I like single cards that you can then sli in the future

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

depens on what price you can get the 660 ti at imo

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I'd personally go for the single GPU solution, but both would work.
And dual GPU just looks nice :D

Get another 660Ti. It will perform better.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

You will get better Frams with Dual 660 ti's but Some Games Dont support SLI.

My Profile has my specs.

After rolling with sli for 3 years I never once encountered a game that didnt.

After rolling with sli for 3 years I never once encountered a game that didnt.

I think he means games that don't scale very well.

Interested in Business and Technology

depens on what price you can get the 660 ti at imo

There going for a pretty good price i think. To the person asking Get another 660 ti i wanna do it so bad just don't have the cash to do it. Don't wanna double post.

Case: Corsair white 600T | Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | CPU: intel i5-357OK oc to 4.3 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Graphics Card: Evga 660 Ti FTW signature 2 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GBPower supply: ModXstream-pro 600W | SSD: Samsung 840 Series | Keyboard: Corsair K70Mouse: Corsair M65 | MonitorAsus VS228H-P 22-inch | 2nd Monitor:  Viewsonic 22 inch-LED 3rd Monitor: LG 32 inch tv | Mic: audio-technica AT2020 USB | Headset 1:  Audio technica ATH-M50s | Headset 2: Corsair Vengeance 2000.

I think he means games that don't scale very well.

I'm beyond exhausted of hearing that

the games that don't have it or barely work with it don't need it if you're not running a pair of 9600's

Error: 410

I like single card better than duel card due to compatibility, temps and all that stuff but tbh the 660ti SLI would slap the 770 around in terms of performance.

Well personally I like dual gpus cause they look smexy, but a single card will work just fine. 

Spoiler

Obviously SLI 660Ti's will be faster but a single 770 setup will be plenty fast and avoid some of the issues SLI can bring.  I personally always run SLI as I like the look of dual video cards in my rig for what its worth.

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

Thanks for the replies.I think I'm gonna go sli, but how will I power the 2nd card?

770/780 all day. Single GPU performes way much more stable and it consumes less power and takes up less space.

Thanks for the replies.I think I'm gonna go sli, but how will I power the 2nd card?

with psu cables.

how much wattage has your psu? and which psu do you have?

check if you have pcie power cables that arent used.

edit: forgot that you posted your system already.

there are extra power cables included with your psu. just plug it in.

with psu cables.

how much wattage has your psu? and which psu do you have?

check if you have pcie power cables that arent used.

edit: forgot that you posted your system already.

there are extra power cables included with your psu. just plug it in.

OK thanks I'll check when I get home. I don't remember seeing them, that's why I asked, but I probably just have them behind the mobo.

Would I need a super clocked variant or would another 660 to be fine? The one I currently have is super clocked.

Would I need a super clocked variant or would another 660 to be fine? The one I currently have is super clocked.

The superclocked version just has a slight overclock on it, so it should be fine. But i really don't know how two 660's would run, if they have different clockspeeds :/

The extra cables should not be in your case, because you own a semi-modular PSU. That means that the cables you need, will most likely be still in the box.

You will have to plug them into the blue connectors on your power supply.

by the way..

Did anyone congratulate you for your first post on this forum?

Well then, welcome to LinusTechTips!

by the way..

Did anyone congratulate you for your first post on this forum?

Well then, welcome to LinusTechTips!

Thanks! So you say it will work if one of them is not super clocked?

Thanks! So you say it will work if one of them is not super clocked?

You can SLI cards from different vendors provided they are the same chipset (660Ti). So yes.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400