New chair recommendations

bigmouthbob1

now I am looking for a different chair. I would like it to be racing and not a office chair. Thanks for any recommendations 

A chair is something where you definitely get what you pay for. It is arguably the most important piece of your computer/peripherals because you spend literally the entire time you’re at your computer, in the chair. The reviews for it seem hit or miss. I doubt you will find someone who actually has one here on the forum due to there being so few reviews

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Why a racing chair and not an office chair? The office chair will probably be more comfortable even though it looks less cool

poop

On 10/26/2018 at 9:07 PM, IdiotPenguin said:

Why a racing chair and not an office chair? The office chair will probably be more comfortable even though it looks less cool

22 hours ago, geo3 said:

So you intentionally want a worse chair? I don't get it.

I have been inside a sports car and I have sat in many office chairs so I have a couple reasons 

1: the racing seat is a lot more comfortable to me

2: When I come home to play games or watch YouTube I don’t want to feel like I’m still at work. And no I don’t play games at work, but being in an office chair gives me the mentality that I am still there

1 hour ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

I have been inside a sports car and I have sat in many office chairs so I have a couple reasons 

1: the racing seat is a lot more comfortable to me

2: When I come home to play games or watch YouTube I don’t want to feel like I’m still at work. And no I don’t play games at work, but being in an office chair gives me the mentality that I am still there

You may have "been in" a sports car before, but a sports car generally doesn't have racing seats. Race cars do. I also doubt that you've sat in a racing seat for hours on end before, unless you're a semi professional driver (which I doubt.) as such, you're very likely to find that the racing seat is extremely uncomfortable for use hours at a time. If you like it, more power to you though.

If you REALLY want a racing seat, your best bet would probably be to buy a bucket and a seat base and figure out how to mount them yourself. Nobody (that I'm aware of) makes racing buckets for office chairs, and the only real exception to that is if you're also buying a sim cockpit at the same time.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)