90 degree Sata cable

mvitkun

On my motherboard when I use the Sata III ports the height of the cables included with the motherboard interferes with my accelero twin turbo heatsink and doesn't allow me to install my graphics card in the first slot.

So i was considering 90 degree sata cables.

I was wondering if you had the sata ports one next to the other as such

PD9FXsL.png

would you be able to install 2 right angle sata connectors right next to each other?

Or would the end of the first cable block the second port?

I was thinking something along the lines of this cable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812422636

Ind my mind I'm able to run the first cable over the second,but I was hoping to find someone who'd used 90 degree sata connectors to find out whether 2 of them would fit next to each other.

Was planning to go with this cable

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812422635

and hope that it has a lesser height than the ones biostar included,but my mind filled with doubts about whether or not it's actually significantly smaller or if it's just marginally smaller and would make no difference in my predicament.

This would be much easier if the manufacturer posted the connector height.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

You will have to use the straight cable and plug it into the top plug and the right angle on the second one.

Quote me to get a reply!

i first read the title and was like "damn, that thing gets hot! o.O"

but no, two 90° wouldnt fit there.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Umm, if you find a right angle SATA cable that has a hinge that can bend both ways, you can bend the top one towards the top and the bottom one towards the bottom. Other than that way, you can use a 180 degree cable on the top one and a 90 degree cable on the bottom one.

You will have to use the straight cable and plug it into the top plug and the right angle on the second one.

Umm, if you find a right angle SATA cable that has a hinge that can bend both ways, you can bend the top one towards the top and the bottom one towards the bottom. Other than that way, you can use a 180 degree cable on the top one and a 90 degree cable on the bottom one.

Like I said in the OP,a single straight connector may not be possible since it interferes with the accelero twin turbo heatsink,preventing my from installing the graphics card,hence why i was looking into lower profile sata cables or 90 degree sata cables.

as to the hinge comment......I've never seen a hinged sata connector.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Like I said in the OP,a single straight connector may not be possible since it interferes with the accelero twin turbo heatsink,preventing my from installing the graphics card,hence why i was looking into lower profile sata cables or 90 degree sata cables.

as to the hinge comment......I've never seen a hinged sata connector.

If you read carefully in the first Newegg link, you can see that in the title it says "90 degree to 180 degree" which I assume means that it has  a hinge and can change from 90 degrees to 180 degrees. The only problem is there is no way of knowing if it turns 90 degrees in the other direction.

If you read carefully in the first Newegg link, you can see that in the title it says "90 degree to 180 degree" which I assume means that it has  a hinge and can change from 90 degrees to 180 degrees. The only problem is there is no way of knowing if it turns 90 degrees in the other direction.

no.it means that one of the connectors is a straight 180 degree,and the other is a 90 degree right angle connector.

Linus Sebastian said:

no.it means that one of the connectors is a straight 180 degree,and the other is a 90 degree right angle connector.

Oh, well I must be retarded lol. Sorry about that :P