TO ALL ANIME/MANGA ARTISTS (Need help)

DrThots

Hello there! I just started drawing yesterday, I never had any interest in drawing and art in general but watching several Anime's ie Eromanga Sensei ect inspired me to start drawing anime characters.

I can't draw any freehand so I find a picture online and try to copy it. I understand that I will be copying someone else's style and won't be able to develop my own, but I want to focus on getting the basics of art down (depth, shading ect) and I've already learnt many things about art from many help of artists in discords

All I'm doing right now is plain A4 pieces of paper, I know sketch paper is better, I do plan on buying some, but I want to bring my Anime character to life with colour. I was recommended to look at Promarker and there are many options, I don't know which one to pick. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winsor-Newton-ProMarker-Set-12/dp/B01893SU3S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1  

Could you either help me choose which one to buy or recommend me another set? My maximum budget is 15-20 

No. Just get a pencil. Don't worry about equipment, at this point in time it's irrelevant.

Seriously, you need to start by learning to sketch. Don't start running without learning how to walk.

Don't worry about shading and such. Focus on anatomy and how to construct bodies and faces using basic geometrical shapes.

Learn how limbs move and bend, and for the love of god, learn poses.

And yes, copy. Copy and copy till you learn it all. Once you know what you're doing, you can start developing your own style.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

1 minute ago, killcomic said:

No. Just get a pencil. Don't worry about equipment, at this point in time it's irrelevant.

Seriously, you need to start by learning to sketch. Don't start running without learning how to walk.

Don't worry about shading and such. Focus on anatomy and how to construct bodies and faces using basic geometrical shapes.

Learn how limbs move and bend, and for the love of god, learn poses.

And yes, copy. Copy and copy till you learn it all. Once you know what you're doing, you can start developing your own style.

IMG_20181026_175929.jpg My first ever drawing of an anime character fyi its Eromanga Sensei 

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

IMG_20181026_175929.jpg My first ever drawing of an anime character fyi its Eromanga Sensei 

10/10

Better than my stick man drawing. I want to draw, but I don't have the talent for it. 

Just now, DaPhuc said:

10/10

Better than my stick man drawing. I want to draw, but I don't have the talent for it. 

Thanks :) It took me a while, I'm just currently adding little details and refine it more. Some colour would be nice...

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

You need to learn how to build the structure. right now you're simply drawing outlines. You need to build her body and face. Where does her neck go? Where does her arm bend? Where are the shoulders? 
Here is a video that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about...

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

3 minutes ago, killcomic said:

You need to learn how to build the structure. right now you're simply drawing outlines. You need to build her body and face. Where does her neck go? Where does her arm bend? Where are the shoulders? 
Here is a video that gives you an idea of what I'm talking about...

That's pretty professional. I don't think I'll be taking art that seriously... I want to draw for my own liking so colour would be nice on my first drawing, then I can start developing on those skills after I finish my first work. So maybe some help on colour options would be nice