Netgear's HDMI Dongle Is Your Storage-Friendly Answer to Chromecast

Tmh85

Netgear's new NeoMediacast dongle is picking up where Chromecast left off by offering streaming content with Micro SD storage capabilities

This nifty little "Dongle" lets you "sling all your favorite streaming services directly onto your TV right out of the box."

ku-xlarge.jpg

However unlike Google's Chrome Cast which was cross platform the dongle is only for Android running 4.2 JellyBean or above

It comes with a mini USB port and a Micro SD card slot which allows for more storage and more playback, so you can load any photos, videos, even movies onto an SD card and play it straight to your TV with no cloud access required

Original Article: http://gizmodo.com/netgears-hdmi-dongle-is-your-storage-friendly-answer-t-1495333963

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I dont even see the point in this .

Interested in Business and Technology

Freebie?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well its seems to be a great competitor to the Chromecast. Hope that this at least gets sold in Canada so it would be a great alternative. Wonder how the price would be in comparison to the Chromecast (hope it will be around the same).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

only for Android running 4.2 JellyBean or above

I've been using my chromecast on a laptop, my phone, on an ipad, and from my computer with no issues. Local playback isn't even a problem since you can play videos through the chrome browser. I'm not sure how this can compete with anything.

This seems like it would only be beneficial to someone who only carries an android phone and has zero access to a computer or wifi?

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Netgear sucks. They really do. Their drivers are horrible. Stay away

EDIT nm I see it works right out of the box. No drivers necessary

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green