Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Matx Case Needed

Vortex88

So I've been toying with the idea of putting together an matx build, and I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on matx cases. I've had one on my mind for a very long time, and that is the Silverstone SG10. It's a fairly old case though (at least 5 years old). I've looked everywhere though, and I can't seem to find a case that is as small as the SG10 that provides the same cooling performance.

Ideally, I'd like something a little nicer looking and less boxy with more fan filters that come stock. I still want to be able to overclock, which means it also needs good cooling performance/airflow. Everywhere I turn, I find something larger with less fan expandability, and no room for a large tower cooler. I want a Noctua NH-D15 in this thing. Any ideas for any other cases out there that might be a little more current with similar size and performance? 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

What are the rest of your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

What are the rest of your specs?

Shopping: Anywhere online or at Fry's Electronics or Micro Center

Budget: no limit

Specs at this point are fluid, but I'm planning on a fairly high end matx build for gaming. I was thinking about an Asus Maximus XI Gene, either 8700k or 9900k, and either an RTX 2080 or 2080 TI. I have no need for hard drive cages as I'm planning to go with purely M.2 storage. 

6 hours ago, amusedschrodinger said:

Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Cooler Master N200

Thermaltake Versa H18

The problem I have with these cases is that they're all much larger than they need to be. The SG10 is significantly smaller. 

Cm N200 - 202 x 378 x 445mm
Thermaltake Versa H18 - 390 x 205 x 380mm
Fractal Meshify C Mini - 395 x 212 x 399 mm
SG10 - 220mm (W) x 295mm (H) x 354mm (D)

33 minutes ago, Vortex88 said:

The problem I have with these cases is that they're all much larger than they need to be. The SG10 is significantly smaller. 

SG10 - 220mm (W) x 295mm (H) x 354mm (D)

Masterbox Q300L is about as close as you'll get to a compact case with airflow

There's also the Sliger Cerberus http://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus/ but it cant match the airflow of the 180mm fan

Thermaltake V21 and Bitfenix Prodigy M are also options, but similar sized to the others 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Besides the Sliger Cerberus, the only other alternative I could find with a similar size and possibly better airflow is the T801 from Geeek and they're usually out of stock: https://www.geeekstore.com/shop/geeek-t801-mitx-matx-case/

It doesn't come with any included dust filters though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think I'm just going to go with the SG10. I haven't found anything I like more. I was kind of hoping that case design would have improved in 5 years though. Just going to post this in an attempt to embarrass Linus though.