Asus announces ROG 27" 1440p 120hz+ G-Sync monitor!

Markus

ive never seen a 4k monitor in person, i wonder how much of a difference you can actually see between 1440p and 4k on a smaller screen

how the heck would you do a surround set up with it? Where's the daisy chain? -_-

• 5 weeks later...

When is this going for sale?! I want one naww! Don't care if its TN.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

I'll wait for a non ROG branded monitor to hit the market with similar or better specs. I'm not spending more money for a name.

Umm, I guess I'll stick to the usual pitfalls of regular refresh rates and lower resolution gaming. I mean that's about how much I usually spend for an entire rig or major update, plus I'd have to spend at least that much to get a GPU that could actually push that resolution at playable framerates anyway. So we're really taking about a 2000+ bucks premium here if you really think about it: strictly for the rich and/or the single guys with no kids to feed and shit.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't know why, but I was expecting this to be really, really ugly. I'm pleasantly surprised.