IC chip

beetlespin79

I just picked up a GTX 690 from Ebay. The card looks good, but needed a good cleaning, dust everywhere. I found a soft bristle small brush and cleaned the PCB side of the card first. Now my question comes when i found a IC chip labled A219 at the bottom of the card at the back end of the PCIe interface. This IC chip is a 8 pin chip and was hanging on by only one connection point. What is the purpose of the A219 IC chip. I am reluctant to install the card as I don't know if it could cause additional problems. Thank you!

Solder the chip back on. Who knows what it does, but it's there for a reason. Hell, you could do what I did with a clock generator on my sister's GTX 560 Ti and use liquid metal to make the connections and just tape it back in place?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

well, thats the problem, im not good at sodering(sp) but i wouldnt have any idea what to connect it to. the solder points looks as if they were ripped with ic chip! hopefully the pic will give a better understanding of what i am trying to say!

DD0C8120-FBFD-4987-B548-E0C91660E442.jpeg