Fortnite Updates, but PC is asleep...

Hey Guys!

My PC is put to sleep after about 20 minutes of inactivity (and being a gamer and hardcore user, i never shutdown the PC - it's pretty much a common practice). And like most of us, I play Fortnite. Now, the problem is that the updates usually need to be executed while my PC is asleep, cause I live in Asia. So is there a way that my PC can wake up if there is either a Windows or EPIC Games update, or perhaps ANY app update? Because I love it when I have my PC automatically updating and the next day I have a fresh PC with no updates pending :) 

1. Fortnite is a cancer that needs to die.

2. Shutdowns should be a regular thing that occurs for your system. Hibernation is also something that should be disabled. Instead, have your monitors go to sleep after a period of inactivity, leaving your system operating normally.

3. You could attempt to use a wake timer that's built into windows. I believe it's accessed via the power management settings. Given this, however, I don't know what good it will do. if the updates aren't entirely automated (I.E. if they need user input or account control to confirm), your plan is entirely moot.
4. Does... whatever platform Fortnite's on have an automatic updating system?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

13 minutes ago, Semper said:

1. Fortnite is a cancer that needs to die.

Lol, true.

13 minutes ago, Semper said:

Does... whatever platform Fortnite's on have an automatic updating system?

Yeah, I believe the Epic games launcher has automatic updating of some sort. But I'm not sure.

Yes, EPIC games launcher has an auto-update system, for he game and the launcher itself

1 hour ago, Semper said:

2. Shutdowns should be a regular thing that occurs for your system. Hibernation is also something that should be disabled. Instead, have your monitors go to sleep after a period of inactivity, leaving your system operating normally.

I heard from LTT that Shutting down and turning on a PC wears out mechanical parts like HDDs more than just making it sleep and come back the next, take out the juice by surfing the internet to running cinebench. I shutdown my PC when I know I won't be back for a day or two, which is rare since i am an introvert and therefore I shutdown my PC just 3 or 4 times a Year, works perfect up till now, it's been a year and no performance loss!

4 minutes ago, mbasil22 said:

I heard from LTT that Shutting down and turning on a PC wears out mechanical parts like HDDs more than just making it sleep and come back the next, take out the juice by surfing the internet to running cinebench.

That hasn't been an issue in ages. At this point it's personal preference, the "wear" between running 24\7 or shutting down at night is negligible at best 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒