cpu running at full clock speed all the time

Go to solution Solved by F1tch,

the short easy answer:
no not in the slightest

its always either heat or excessive voltage that will kill a CPU so long as you have a sufficiently good cooler and a sturdy board with good VRMs you shouldnt have any issues, i ran my FX-6350 for 3 years at 4.8GHz before upgrading that cpu is still o.c'd to the same and still going strong to this day as it currently sits in the machine of a friend of mine.

it would be helpful to know which CPU you have, the automatic boost functions on CPU's have a tendancy to be a bit aggressive in their voltage application so its always worth checking your max Vcore against what the "recommended" safe maximum for instance the new AMD ryzen chips i think is 1.45V (dont quote me on that) so if you ind the Vcore is higher than the amount specified it might be worth going into the bios and setting a manual voltage thats as close to the safe max limit or on it and then slowly knocking it down little by little till it crashes that way you know what the minimum Vcore will be to sustain the speed you currently have (after it crashes re-POST go into the bios and then increase the vvcore by 1 notch and that should give you stable so long as your MoBo doesnt suffer significant Vdroop

So ye im having yet another problem with my pc. Well atleast i think i do. So yesterday i made a mistake and that mistake is downloading cpu parking manager 3 to unpark core's i put everything to 100% nothing really just noticed that my pc didnt enjoy what i did, So i tried turning it back but i can't so now my cpu is running at max turbo speed all the time instead of going lower while idle. I do have energy options set to balanced. So idk what to do atm is this dangerous? will this kill my cpu? should i completely reset my pc or something. Sorry for my broken english hopefully you understood some of it. https://gyazo.com/5c298291a056207d4955d34ee7e70272 

can you change the CPU speed in BIOS or by using intel turbo boost?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Turn it off when your not using it... Can you not uninstall cpu manager? It will only start to hurt you pc if it gets hot like greater than 75-80C

i deinstalled it allready and it doesnt go over 60 degrees really maybe 62 tops but its just running at 4.6 ghz even at idle im asking if that is bad?

the short easy answer:
no not in the slightest

its always either heat or excessive voltage that will kill a CPU so long as you have a sufficiently good cooler and a sturdy board with good VRMs you shouldnt have any issues, i ran my FX-6350 for 3 years at 4.8GHz before upgrading that cpu is still o.c'd to the same and still going strong to this day as it currently sits in the machine of a friend of mine.

it would be helpful to know which CPU you have, the automatic boost functions on CPU's have a tendancy to be a bit aggressive in their voltage application so its always worth checking your max Vcore against what the "recommended" safe maximum for instance the new AMD ryzen chips i think is 1.45V (dont quote me on that) so if you ind the Vcore is higher than the amount specified it might be worth going into the bios and setting a manual voltage thats as close to the safe max limit or on it and then slowly knocking it down little by little till it crashes that way you know what the minimum Vcore will be to sustain the speed you currently have (after it crashes re-POST go into the bios and then increase the vvcore by 1 notch and that should give you stable so long as your MoBo doesnt suffer significant Vdroop

Thanks alot for responding i know my answer now:D Thanks man!!