Graphics card compatibility

Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
47 minutes ago, FreelanceNewbie said:

would it be because of the graphics card? 

Yes the graphics card is one reason. The cpu isn't really specified in the spec sheet as it gives a rage of cpus that could be in the pc depending on what model. 

Hey so i am not an expert in computers or so and i wanted to install a graphics card in my desktop but i don't know if its compatible. I am looking for some advise.

Here is my desktop: lenovo ideacentre 300s-08ihh

Specs: https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/279638.pdf

Graphics card i want to install: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TOC-4GL)

Graphics card link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWLWWJM/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

What you guys think?

2 minutes ago, FreelanceNewbie said:

Hey so i am not an expert in computers or so and i wanted to install a graphics card in my desktop but i don't know if its compatible. I am looking for some advise.

Here is my desktop: lenovo ideacentre 300s-08ihh

Specs: https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/279638.pdf

Graphics card i want to install: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC Low Profile 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TOC-4GL)

Graphics card link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWLWWJM/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

What you guys think?

The 1050TI Should work it needs 75 watts and if you don't have that it will still work just slight bottnecked but should still work

I mean , i can't really see any reason it wouldn't work .

The card fits. It has pcie , and you don't need any additional connectors either.

Go for it.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Thanks. i jst wanted to make sure before i bought it. Also combined with the graphics card do you think the computer will be able to run Oculus Rift Vr system?

Just now, FreelanceNewbie said:

Thanks. i jst wanted to make sure before i bought it. Also combined with the graphics card do you think the computer will be able to run Oculus Rift Vr system?

Maybe 

1 minute ago, FreelanceNewbie said:

What is the unsure part to make it "maybe"?

Just checked for you

It will work 

Just now, FreelanceNewbie said:

ok. Thanks alot.

No problem. hope you enjoy your GPU When you get it

4 minutes ago, FreelanceNewbie said:

It would be running below the recommended specs so I would expect the experience to be not the best. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

It would be running below the recommended specs so I would expect the experience to be not the best. 

47 minutes ago, FreelanceNewbie said:

Yes the graphics card is one reason. The cpu isn't really specified in the spec sheet as it gives a rage of cpus that could be in the pc depending on what model.