Slient Case vs. Silent Fans

ZombifiedPyro

Like the title says. I am not that used to silent computers so my computer does not need to be inaudible. I was looking at silent cases that dampen sound, but I wondered why wouldn't I just get a case with good airflow and silent fans, then if I want a high performance loud machine I can have that. Anyone that can answer is welcome.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

Silent Fans are better and a much cheaper option. But if your willing to spend more than $70 you can get a silent optimized case like the Fractal Design R4 + Bonus silent fans that come pre installed in the case that you buy.

From recent experience, getting a silent case makes a HUGE difference. So, while my H80 was away for RMA I have been using the stock Intel cooler. This thing is loud as fuck. I had it running in my 300R and I could hear it like crazy. The worst part is how it just spins up and slows down, that noise is so annoying. So, last week I got a Fractal Design Define R4 and it is amazeballs. I transferred my whole system over two days ago, even though I still don't have my H80 back. When I first turned it on I thought it didn't boot because it was so quiet as well as there being some background noise. I can hear it now, but it is a ridiculous amount more quiet than it was. This is also the model with the side panel window so the version without the window would presumably be even quieter.

The Define R4 gets two big thumbs up from me and I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for a new case.

Ya, In my opinion, The R4 is the best silent optimized case i know.

quiet fans are better than a noise dampening case but not as good as both together.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB