Micro Stuttering in games on my new Asus Tuf FX504

Hi guys so I just got a new laptop for my birthday and everything has been perfect apart from the fact that there is a lot of micro stuttering and reducing the graphics doesn't seem to help i have a video demonstrating it in GTA V but it happens in the following games too: BF1, CSGO, Rocket League, Mafia 3 and GTA V. 

Laptop Specs:

i5 8300h undervolted by -0.105 ( putting settings to default doesn't fix the issue either)

GTX 1060 6GB

16GB DDR4 RAM 2666MHZ

the link to the video demonstrating the problem is here:

what is the gpu usage like when playing? its it high?

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

2 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

I will check in about 10 min

@Adrian18102001  Do you know what your temps look like?  And have you made certain all power preferences are set to Performance?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

22 minutes ago, nick name said:

@Adrian18102001  Do you know what your temps look like?  And have you made certain all power preferences are set to Performance?  

Power plan set to max performance cpu temp around 75-80 No thermal throttling and stable as checked with intel extreme tuning utility

3 hours ago, Acid Panda said:

gpu usage most of the time at 85-98% however when it stutters usage goes down to 40-60% on gpu but cpu is fine max temp on cpu in gta was 73 and max gpu temp was 64

I've undervolted my you to see if it happens as I believe in getting power limit throttling I will update 

I have however noticed that the cpu is power limit throttling any tips on fixing it?

the vender for the laptop should have software that you can dl to change it

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:36 PM, Acid Panda said:

the vender for the laptop should have software that you can dl to change it

i have xtu downloaded but i dont know what to change as i have followed many guides and they havent helped all the power settings are stock and everything was fine on the first day

Try undervolting the GPU using MSI afterburner as it has fixed the issue for some users.

Also dont forget to update windows to version 1803 with bios version 312. Make sure you have these versions.

• 1 month later...