New PC Issues!

Broth3rz

I have everything from the case connected to my motherboard, all seems to be working, all but my 3 fans and I don't know where to plug my little speaker in at.

Here is the image of the, "Fan Controller Power".

Here is the ONLY attachment I have for it which takes A LOT of force to get it in and out.

Also I'm not sure were to place my 4 pin error speaker at.

Here is my manual to my motherboard. Should be page 7 and 8.

Now onto the other issue. I have everything in BIOS set to default. When I go to install Windows 7 it freezes at this point.

I don't think its actually freezing though. I just have no keyboard or mouse movements, I don't even see a mouse cursor. The mouse and keyboard work in BIOS with no issues. I've tried all other USB2 and 3 slots. I don't know what to change in BIOS to get them working with the Windows install.

Please help with these issues! Thanks!!

Your speaker header is outlined on page 20 in your manual.

Molex cables do take a considerable amount of force and sometimes the pins just don't exactly align. You may need to take a closer look at the male end of the connector and wiggle till the pins align then you may be able to use less force.

Make sure there is not a limitter set in your BIOS / UEFI setup that has the system expecting Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. You may even need to select something like Linux in the setup.

I've looked at page 20, I guess the speaker goes on the top part of the "Chassis Intrusion and  Speaker Header"? Where it says 5V, Dummy, Dummy, Speaker?

I don't get the second half of your post.. lol. I don't know what a limiter set is. If I need to change something in BIOS I can look for it..

Any idea on where to connect the "Fan Controller Power"? It's a 4PIN after I use the connector.

1 minute ago, Broth3rz said:

I've looked at page 20, I don't see where to connect it as everything is for CPU.

I don't get the second half of your post.. lol. I don't know what a limiter set is. If I need to change something in BIOS I can look for it..

I'm looking at your manual now for the setting. What I meant by limiter is that your mobo is likely set to boot as a Windows 10 compatible OS ONLY. Which believe it or not Windows 7 is just different enough under the hood that it could make setting up Win7 impossible without changing an option. So you are "limited" to what OS that you can install, 

I should have used setting instead of limiter but in a way you are limited.

Page 7 shows the main board diagram. The speaker plugs into 17 on the diagram. 506307401_ScreenShot2018-10-17at3_22_46PM.thumb.png.c758f5c29993c2349ca0b569ad1b867a.png

This could be your mouse and keyboard / OS setup issue

Windows 7 would be considered a Legacy OS. 

1096838711_ScreenShot2018-10-17at3_27_07PM.png.01530c1f1ddb022e4116be9ebf76a540.png

So I should disable Legacy? I'm pretty sure the last time I tried that the keyboard and mouse didn't work AT ALL in BIOS. I had to remove the battery for a reset. Just say what to try.. :)

RuZoG, that's what I was talking about on my last post. I just added it. Not sure how to see if it works since I don't have any actual errors.. Thanks.

Anyone on the FAN situation? I mean there are 3 that won't turn on.

Your first post said that mouse and keyboard worked in BIOS but not in the setup of Windows 7. It won't hurt anything to try flipping that option. It sounds like it's the issue.. If it doesn't work, change it back. I like Win7 but it was "end of lifed" by Microsoft a while ago. Can you try another OS setup or live OS running from USB or CD/DVD, etc? This would be to check and see if the problem exists on other platforms or try Windows 10. 

Are your speaker and fans working yet?

I now here a beep when I go into BIOS, sounds like it's coming from the speaker! So that's working.

So this connector is from my fans. Can't get them working.

As for Windows I went ahead and turned XHCI on but it didn't help I can try Legacy now, but last time I tried it no mouse or keyboard worked in my BIOS anymore until I reset BIOS.

4 minutes ago, Broth3rz said:

I now here a beep when I go into BIOS, sounds like it's coming from the speaker! So that's working.

So this connector is from my fans. Can't get them working.

As for Windows I went ahead and turned XHCI on but it didn't help I can try Legacy now, but last time I tried it no mouse or keyboard worked in my BIOS anymore until I reset BIOS.

Disabling the Legacy makes my keyboard and mouse not work in BIOS, even if I try the front IO USB instead of the motherboard. It won't even read my USB stick anymore. I don't know on the fans and I guess I have to try a W10 USB and see if that works. But there has to be a way to use W7. HAS TO BE.

XHCI isn't the problem. Try toggling the Legacy USB support.

That 4 PIN molex connector may be your power for FAN's Do you have a picture of your fan controller or are you going to run 2 or 3 pin FANS from the motherboard connections.? That would be optimal.  

I have the Z270 version of that board and it does work with Win7/8/8.1/10. The default for the USB on that board was legacy disabled. I wonder if there is a common thread on ASROCK's site or if their support staff have suggestions,

I'd like to run the fans the best way possible, if anything just get them working!

These are the images of my entire fan situation.

Here is the fan connector, one side is male, other is female. It comes from my FRONT IO. I guess this is only for the fan control that changes speeds on the front IO, here. Though I'd think this is for actual power for the fans also.

Here and Here are the 3 cords that come from the 3 fans and connect there to a ribbon that comes from the front IO.

This is an image of the PSU cord I have that can connect to my fan connector, the cord is female.

This is the other cord that I have, it's male and can go in the other side of the fan connector which is female. But I don't know which 4PIN to use on my motherboard for them.

There are 6 links above.

I'm trying W10 to see if I have K&M. I have to do W7 though so I gotta figure it out. The PC is for my mom and I can't have update trying to pop up and install, defender, etc. She doesn't know her way around the PC. W7 is zero maintenance.

EDIT 1: Got to the W10 install setup and both the M&K work. So I have to change something in BIOS for W7. Or use the old PS/2 connections? Which I don't have..Has to be something in BIOS. LEGACY just makes my M&K stop working in BIOS.

EDIT 2: FAN ARE WORKING!!! I used the molex connector to PSU cord. Unless you know what 4 PIN slot to use on my motherboard?

Only issue left is W7!

You should plug the Fan Hub into CHA FAN header which is #24 on your mobo layout.

1607564737_ScreenShot2018-10-17at7_47_04PM.thumb.png.244da27c9e11211935a833da2a6e2caa.png

EDIT: Oops too late

I was searching around for your issue and found that on some AkbyLake / Skylake ASRock boards with installing Windows 7 some people had previously had to modify their Win7 installer using a patcher to get by PS2 probs with Win7 install.

It may be completely irrelevant but I found nothing on ASRocks support sites and as mentioned before I have a similar ASRock board and no problems like it other than LEGACY USB,

If you have a spare USB stick it might be worth a try,

Or it might need a combination of LEGACY and XHCI changes.

I tried that and another one. I still have a dead M&K, I did find an old PS/2 keyboard and I'm able to hit enter a few times to get to the drive stage of the install but I get stopped by this.

Ive usually fixed that by changing something in BIOS but who knows what needs to be change. I tried your last post with the regular and PS/2 keyboard. Got the driver issues and can't get past that now. I don't know.

Well, I changed some random settings and with the PS/2 keyboard I got through... now it's tell me at the drive selection which I select the drive and click next:

"Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the Setup log files for more information".

Won't let me continue..ideas?

The error that you see in the installer is the same one referenced in the link I posted for the YouTube video about modifying the INSTALL USB. Check out the first couple of comments for the video. 

I agree normally you'd just flip the LEGACY USB and it's been good. 

Windows 7 for the reasons of simplicity may not be possible at some point for updated hardware. EOL (End of Life) for Win7 was January 13, 2015. An ISO last updated by microsoft back in 2015 is unlikely to have chipset drivers for Z370 without their support. Think about it on a bigger scale what do you think would happen if you tried to install WinXP on your system, etc.. Not trying to be rough but at some point "Legacy" OS' on new hardware becomes impossible without hack or by using old hardware. In the XP example it wouldn't have the concept of USB CD/DVD drives because back then they only had IDE based drives. Again I like Win7 and think its damn solid and doesnt need updates for day to day web browsing and really basic games. I use it in some of my arcade cabinets for the same reason that you want it for your mom. No updates, no defender stuff, etc,

Might be easier to go Windows 10 and turn off updates, defender, etc.

IS the HDD or SSD that you are using new and have no partitions on it?

If the answer is no then if you don't need the data the delete partition and take it down to a raw disk with it showing the disk as fully Un-Allowcated space and point the installer at the available disk.

It's new with NOTHING on it. No matter what I do in the installer, format, delete, etc. it gives that error, so I was trying this:

• 3 years later...

Hello, im sorry for diging this but i cant find solution and i  have same problem with instaling windows 10, i did all steps in diskpart, i tried with legacy etc, cant pass this any1 can help?