Windows 8 Update problem

Ercanos
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

You need Windows 10 for official Ryzen support.

Hey, i decided today to install win 8.1 instead of win 10 because i liked 8.1 more than 10. During installing i wiped out the whole hard drive so that non of my win 10 files are on the new system(where you can decide on which drive). I've installed it and its normal that there are no drivers. No driver for everything and my graphic card also dont have any driver. So, to the real issue. I started to search for Windows Updates and it searched to about an hour so i decided to restart. After that it showed 160 Updates but then i tried to start the updates nothing happend and everytime when i tried to do anything in windows updates it just dont respond and win explorer is closing. I don't really want to go back to Win 10, so my Question is: Is there any other Solution that it'll update without not responding.

Is completly formating the hdd and reinstall win 8.1 an option? an if it is, how i am doing it?

Specs:

• Ryzen 5 1600 6x 3.2GHz 

• Asus B350-F Gaming Mainboard

• AMD Radeon HD 8490 (I'll update, no worries)

• 4GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz

• Seagate 1 TB HDD 6000rpm

I AM REALLY SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH, BUT I KNOW IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME YOU ARE!

Download drivers for Windows 7. Yes, Ryzen supports win7, even with new Ryzens (except Vega GPU) but not every producer may have drivers on their websites. Try ASRock and motherboard with the same chipset.

Better option - install win8.1 on another computer, made all updates and place this drive into your new computer. And install only these drivers that are missing.

Few days ago I moved win7 from my friend's old computer to new Ryzen machine - it was not easiest process, but end with success. So win8.1 should be not a problem too.