I am 50/50. I need some guidance, advice and opinions.

overttt

First, Lets get this part out of the way.

1. Budget & Location

$6,000.00 - $10,000 USD | Las Vegas, Nevada.

2. Aim

CSGO, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, VMWare, Anime Games, Media Server, Emulators, Brazzers Premium, and E-Sport titles.

3. Monitors (Not a fan of 4k gaming, FPS > Graphics)
1 - 1080p 144hz - Gaming

1 - 1080p 75hz - Reddit and etc

1 - 4k 60hz - Mostly Xbox, PC games with Controller and Movies.

4. Peripherals

Complete set. Just need a new Rig.

5. Why are you upgrading?

gave my old rig to my brother since he decided to finally join the master race.

Now, this is where I'm stuck at.

I know and I understand that its a lot of money, I was lucky enough to learn to be financially responsible at a young age. So I'll just answer the common comments I received on Reddit.

Yes, I have a savings and what I'm spending isn't coming from this.

Yes, All my debt, bills and tuition is covered.

No, I don't need to add this to the savings,
No, I'm not a spoiled brat, I worked hard for this money.

Anyways, So the question:

Should I build a "Balls-To-The-Wall" Rig, with top of the line everything? Or should I just build to fulfil what I need (and powerful enough to last until my next Upgrade wave in about 3-4 years)

Here's the reasoning on both sides for me.

Balls build.

Pros

1. It's nice to have.
  2. It's REALLY nice to have.

Cons

1. Buyers remorse. (It's still a lot of money to be spending on a computer)
  2. I don't think I'll be able to utilize it to its fullest potential.

Moderate build.

Pros.

1. Budget Friendly, left over funds will be used for car parts and Black Friday junk (that I don't really care for as much)
  2. No Buyers remorse, (I am really frugal, believe it or not.)

Cons.

1. It will more than likely just mirror the Rig I gave to my brother in terms of specs (no WOW factor)
  2. Once purchased, I limit myself with PC purchase unless its an absolute MUST.

Basically the way I see it, the Balls build would be like owning a Ferrari, no one NEEDS a one but if you can afford one its still nice to have.

go all out but not meme level

maybe go for a ultra wide

in terms of referencing cars, Aston Martin DB5 sleek an pretty but with with a heretical Vfuckknowshowbig engine inside. but still used as an every day driver

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

2 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

go all out but not meme level

maybe go for a ultra wide

in terms of referencing cars, Aston Martin DB5 sleek an pretty but with with a heretical Vfuckknowshowbig engine inside. but still used as an every day driver

See, define "Meme Level"

What's comical is that I'm hardcore into PC aesthetics.
So if I go for the Moderate build, the cooling system will literally cost more than the parts its cooling lol.

I didn't like Ultrawides (for gaming)

since it makes the games I do play either look weird or just not work then I just have black bars.

Just now, overttt said:

See, define "Meme Level"

What's comical is that I'm hardcore into PC aesthetics.
So if I go for the Moderate build, the cooling system will literally cost more than the parts its cooling lol.

I didn't like Ultrawides (for gaming)

since it makes the games I do play either look weird or just not work then I just have black bars.

ok by meme level its sort of think like cooled by the tears of orphans. go big but not outright waste of money. get  the best but nothing that give no tangible benefits

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Considering your use case, I would spend half of that on a PC setup and the other half on a nice vacation.

1 minute ago, Acid Panda said:

ok by meme level its sort of think like cooled by the tears of orphans. go big but not outright waste of money. get  the best but nothing that give no tangible benefits 

See that's my definition of moderate.

Like the moderate build would be a Ryzen 2600 w/ a Vega 56 and 32gb ram.
It would handle everything I need without any struggle.

The Balls build would probably be like a Threadripper 2950x, 2 x Vegas 64 and 128gb or Ram.
and there's no way in hell my use-case would even get close to utilizing this much resource.

BUT ITS NICE TO HAVE Lol.

and cause of the Nature of my work, I have to upgrade every 3-4 years regardless.

Just now, kontradictions said:

Considering your use case, I would spend half of that on a PC setup and the other half on a nice vacation.

I've already set aside for a Vacation this year and next year and I have a separate savings for that.

(unfortunately due to the nature of my job I can't go anywhere outside the US while working for the company, So my vacations are fairly cheap and the max I can go for is 1 week)

1 minute ago, overttt said:

I've already set aside for a Vacation this year and next year and I have a separate savings for that.

(unfortunately due to the nature of my job I can't go anywhere outside the US while working for the company, So my vacations are fairly cheap and the max I can go for is 1 week)

Haha in that case, I have no other suggestions because you're clearly in a better place in life than I am.

Just now, kontradictions said:

Haha in that case, I have no other suggestions because you're clearly in a better place in life than I am.

Thanks man, Luck + Hard work got me here.

you'll get yours soon ?

Just less than 5 years ago I was homeless my senior year and was gaming on a school computer

28 minutes ago, overttt said:

First, Lets get this part out of the way.

1. Budget & Location

$6,000.00 - $10,000 USD | Las Vegas, Nevada.

2. Aim

CSGO, Photoshop, Sony Vegas, VMWare, Anime Games, Media Server, Emulators, Brazzers Premium, and E-Sport titles.

3. Monitors (Not a fan of 4k gaming, FPS > Graphics)
1 - 1080p 144hz - Gaming

1 - 1080p 75hz - Reddit and etc

1 - 4k 60hz - Mostly Xbox, PC games with Controller and Movies.

4. Peripherals

Complete set. Just need a new Rig.

5. Why are you upgrading?

gave my old rig to my brother since he decided to finally join the master race.

Now, this is where I'm stuck at.

I know and I understand that its a lot of money, I was lucky enough to learn to be financially responsible at a young age. So I'll just answer the common comments I received on Reddit.

Yes, I have a savings and what I'm spending isn't coming from this.

Yes, All my debt, bills and tuition is covered.

No, I don't need to add this to the savings,
No, I'm not a spoiled brat, I worked hard for this money.

Anyways, So the question:

Should I build a "Balls-To-The-Wall" Rig, with top of the line everything? Or should I just build to fulfil what I need (and powerful enough to last until my next Upgrade wave in about 3-4 years)

Here's the reasoning on both sides for me.

Balls build.

Pros

1. It's nice to have.
  2. It's REALLY nice to have.

Cons

1. Buyers remorse. (It's still a lot of money to be spending on a computer)
  2. I don't think I'll be able to utilize it to its fullest potential.

Moderate build.

Pros.

1. Budget Friendly, left over funds will be used for car parts and Black Friday junk (that I don't really care for as much)
  2. No Buyers remorse, (I am really frugal, believe it or not.)

Cons.

1. It will more than likely just mirror the Rig I gave to my brother in terms of specs (no WOW factor)
  2. Once purchased, I limit myself with PC purchase unless its an absolute MUST.

Basically the way I see it, the Balls build would be like owning a Ferrari, no one NEEDS a one but if you can afford one its still nice to have.

I mean for that Build why not go Threadripper 2 and Rtz 2080ti in SLI and Watercool it. I mean hell for that price you could have a highend PC builder build it for you.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

11 minutes ago, FadedCrown said:

Even with the Moderate custom loops are mandatory for me.
Ooooof. Only thing is, I only build AMD. Thanks though.

and I already have the Monitors. (It's sad that this is still underbudget :[)

Just now, overttt said:

Even with the Moderate custom loops are mandatory for me.
Ooooof. Only thing is, I only build AMD. Thanks though.

and I already have the Monitors. (It's sad that this is still underbudget :[)

AMD only? What a legend.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

31 minutes ago, FadedCrown said:

AMD only? What a legend.

Since Sledgehammer ?

I guess I'm somewhat of a Fanboy