Quiet Computer

Monti
Go to solution Solved by Monti,

OK thanks for the replies people and I might looking into getting new fans or dealing with it.

Hello everyone. So I have 2 cooler master sickle flow fans and they are loud. I used my motherboard to turn the speed down to 40% and it is quieter. I also bought some rubber fan mounts to try to make them even quieter. The only problem is they don't move a lot of air at that speed and I try to keep my components as cool as they con be. So I tested the fans outside my case to see if it was the fans that were making the noise. What I found is that they are really quiet when not in the case and when they were in the case they are really loud. Why is this and is there any way to make my fans run at full but still be as quiet like they were outside the case? Thanks for any help people and have a good day/night.

Case is a NZXT Tempest 210

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Hello everyone. So I have 2 cooler master sickle flow fans and they are loud. I used my motherboard to turn the speed down to 40% and it is quieter. I also bought some rubber fan mounts to try to make them even quieter. The only problem is they don't move a lot of air at that speed and I try to keep my components as cool as they con be. So I tested the fans outside my case to see if it was the fans that were making the noise. What I found is that they are really quiet when not in the case and when they were in the case they are really loud. Why is this and is there any way to make my fans run at full but still be as quiet like they were outside the case? Thanks for any help people and have a good day/night.

Case is a NZXT Tempest 210

They either have restricted air flow or the noise is amplified in the case.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

^

Try putting some rubber spacers under the screws for the fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

^

according to what he wrote, he already did :o

according to what he wrote, he already did :o

^

Could cutting out the fan grill help (it has a filter on the intakes)?

CPU-- AMD FX-8320 (Stock), Motherboard-- ASUS M5A99FX PRO R 2.0, RAM-- Team 8gb 1600Mhz, GPU-- Sapphire 7870 GHz with OC Edition, Case-- NZXT Tempest 210, PSU-- Corsair CX600m, HDD, 1tb Seagate & 2tb WD External, Monitor-- Dell S2240M IPS Display, Keyboard/Mouse-- Some Logitech keyboard and some Dell mouse, Speakers-- Logitech Z533

Could cutting out the fan grill help (it has a filter on the intakes)?

It would probably help.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If the case is not silence optimized your not going to get a real quiet pc. Silent cases are built using anti-vibrating gommets, mounting brackets, and sound dampening materials making them so quiet. You can use all the quiet components you want and still have a pretty noisy pc if your case is not optimized for the setup.

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest

i run my fans at a max of 50% under load. Any fan that you run at 100% is going to be loud regardless of what you have. The fans should only be turning at 500-700 rpm at idle.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The decision need to be made......

Either quiet or moar airflow!!!

You cannot enjoy the best of both worlds at the same time...doh

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

You cannot enjoy the best of both worlds at the same time...doh

Yes you can, but you need a big budget! :)

Its gonna be either change for better fans or more quiet/cool optimized case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OK thanks for the replies people and I might looking into getting new fans or dealing with it.