i need your guys help. i'am having issues with my internet connection. for some reason when ever i use my laptop to surf the web i my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the times, like every 5 to 50 seconds and its driving me crazy! and just to be clear, it not my laptop that is disconnecting its my modem/WiFi router that keep losing it's connection every time i use my laptop. i dont know if the issue is from my laptop or from the shity WiFi/modem that i got from my isp. also the issue only happens when i use my laptop, but if i use other devices like my smartphone nothing happens.

can anyone help with this? i have tried everything that i can think off and nothing have worked. i also did a lot of online research and i couldn't find any useful answers even tho i did try to do some of their ideas to solve my issue but i didn't work.

Plz help ?.

Hi,

I assume that you already tried to restart our modem and access-point. 

Could you describe how it disconnects. For example: Does the wifi logo in your taskbar show that there is not internet or do your get timeouts while browsing? 

My first guess is that you have some interference from other wireless devices. Do notebook and phone use the same band (2.4 and 5 GHz)?

Also, if you have a RJ-45 Socket in your Notebook, did you try to connect with a cable? If yes, do you have the same issue?

1 hour ago, Murphy1982 said:

Hi,

I assume that you already tried to restart our modem and access-point. 

Could you describe how it disconnects. For example: Does the wifi logo in your taskbar show that there is not internet or do your get timeouts while browsing? 

My first guess is that you have some interference from other wireless devices. Do notebook and phone use the same band (2.4 and 5 GHz)?

Also, if you have a RJ-45 Socket in your Notebook, did you try to connect with a cable? If yes, do you have the same issue?

1- YES MULTIPLE TIMES!

2- its something like this, look at the pictures 1 & 2, picture 3 is when my connection is working normally with a cable.

3- the mode/WiFi router that i have only uses the 2.4 GHz band so yes.

4- i did, and my connection kept working fine. i don't know why!

basically my DSL connection that keeps restarting all the time.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Ok let me ask a couple questions.  

1. Do you have DSL (3mbps) or Cable Modem (100mbps)? 

2. How old is your modem and router? 

3. Does your modem have a router in it as well as the TP-Link or is TP-Link your modem Router combination? 

4. How many devices do you have connected at the same time? 

If you have a DSL connection you get only up to 3mbps.  When more than one device is connected at the same time that number is split in half and divided up among the devices.  If you have Cable access that isn't the case.  

If the modem is older (4-5 years) it might be time for a new one.  If you are renting form the ISP most likely it was old when you got it. I'd ask for a new one and see if that solves the issue.  

If you are in a high electrical area such as a lot of power lines around your house, or microwaves, you will experience signal loss especially with the 2.4ghz band.  I'd look into a new router with a 5g band as well. 

Even though I do not like this all-in-one Access points/modems, I don't think it is a wireless problem. I mean, you can access your router using wireless and clearly the DSL doesn't connect. 

In your case, I would check if I have all my login credentials for the DSL line and factory reset. 

Sorry i cannot be of more help. 

26 minutes ago, HuskyLogic said:

Ok let me ask a couple questions.  

1. Do you have DSL (3mbps) or Cable Modem (100mbps)? 

2. How old is your modem and router? 

3. Does your modem have a router in it as well as the TP-Link or is TP-Link your modem Router combination? 

4. How many devices do you have connected at the same time? 

If you have a DSL connection you get only up to 3mbps.  When more than one device is connected at the same time that number is split in half and divided up among the devices.  If you have Cable access that isn't the case.  

If the modem is older (4-5 years) it might be time for a new one.  If you are renting form the ISP most likely it was old when you got it. I'd ask for a new one and see if that solves the issue.  

If you are in a high electrical area such as a lot of power lines around your house, or microwaves, you will experience signal loss especially with the 2.4ghz band.  I'd look into a new router with a 5g band as well. 

1- i have a cable mode

2- it's about 1 year old

3- yes it's a modem/WiFi router combination

4- i have 6 on WiFi and 1 on cable connection

if i run an internet speed on WiFi tho my laptop i get about 3 mbps, and on cable i get 5.50 mbps.

i have contacted my ISP about the issue and as you know when you have an issue they take forever for them to do something about it. if they send a technician i will ask about the changing the modem/WiFi router combination to a newer device or get separate devices.

i just want to know if the issue from my laptop or my ISP, and either way if i can fix it myself with of you and the rest of the community here would be better and most likely faster.

I think we really need screenshots from YOUR modem/router to see if its showing errors on the cable connection.  Its a bit odd as I'd expect a cable router able to handle 100Mbit would have 5Ghz WiFi capability.

I do wonder if its PSU has gone faulty or something so the high power draw of using WiFi is causing instability.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

From my experience it could be the laptop, but more likely than not, it's a problem with the ISP. You might want to call them and ask them to refresh your modem. It's a signal they send to the modem that does a complete reset of the connection. Sometimes that helps. But if it happens a lot, it's a problem with the modem.  I've had clients with this issue, my solution was to have them go buy their own modem and router. This fixed the issue 8 out of 10 times.  With cable companies (mine is Spectrum) they don't give you new equipment. what happens is you take that modem back and tell them it doesn't work. The tech plugs it in, see the lights go on and puts it in a box to give to another customer.  You will NEVER get brand new equipment from the cable company. Even if it looks brand new, it's used.  Buying your own equipment is best.  I like to recommend the Arris Surfboard modems. I personally sell the Linksys line to my customers, but the Arris/motorola are the ones that have been around for years and I know work with every cable company systems. 

Also keep in mind that just because it's faster plugged into the with the Ethernet cable doesn't mean it's your computer that's the issue. The WiFi card inside the modem could be bad, and that's why WiFi doesn't work.  My Internet speeds are supposed to be up-to 100mbps. That means I can complain if I don't get at least 80. My standard speed is 115. Now if you are getting 3 and you should be getting 100, it's not your computer, its their equipment. I can tell you that for a fact.  I do tech support on computers for a living and I have yet to come across this issue in 20 years, that wasn't caused by the cable company equipment. 

i have called my ISP and told them about the issue yesterday and they said that in 48 hours they will contact me again with the results of their work which i have no idea what are they doing, because i haven't seen them here so what are they doing??? praying for the issue to fix it self? iam waiting on them to send a technician who will hopefully fix the issue for me, other wise i will either change my modem/WiFi router and buy new ones my self or just change my ISP altogether! both seems like a good idea to me right now. either way ill keep you posted on what happens. thanks for the help

First of all the screen shots you posted state is a VDSL connection Not cable (coax). My guess is its a line issue of some kind. BUT DSL does have slow ass speeds. I think normal aDSL is limited to 18 Mbps and VDSL might go up to 100 Mbps I think. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, osamayshak said:

i need your guys help. i'am having issues with my internet connection. for some reason when ever i use my laptop to surf the web i my internet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the times, like every 5 to 50 seconds and its driving me crazy! and just to be clear, it not my laptop that is disconnecting its my modem/WiFi router that keep losing it's connection every time i use my laptop. i dont know if the issue is from my laptop or from the shity WiFi/modem that i got from my isp. also the issue only happens when i use my laptop, but if i use other devices like my smartphone nothing happens.

can anyone help with this? i have tried everything that i can think off and nothing have worked. i also did a lot of online research and i couldn't find any useful answers even tho i did try to do some of their ideas to solve my issue but i didn't work.

Plz help ?.

try forgetting the wireless connection then logging back in. if that doesn't work go into device manager and uninstall your wireless card, reboot and then update it in device manager.