Keyboard and mouse delay on boot?

nkucz

Hey guys, I absolutely love my new build, and the SSD is blazing fast. However, it seems when I get to my login window during boot (windows 7) my mouse and keyboard don't work for almost 45 seconds when I try to plug in my password for my account! Is there anyway to fix this, they are plugged directly into the USB 2.0 port on the back of my motherboard. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

What Keyboard and mouse do you have ? If I am not mistaken almost every mechanical keyboard and newer mouses does that. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

What Keyboard and mouse do you have ? If I am not mistaken almost every mechanical keyboard and newer mouses does that. 

Oh really? I have a Logitech K520 keyboard and the 2013 Razer Deathadder mouse. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Oh really? I have a Logitech K520 keyboard and the 2013 Razer Deathadder mouse. 

Yeah I heard a lot of times that if you are working with something newer when installing windows or using BIOS, you need to wait about 30-45 sec so the system can recognize that. Did you try another keyboard/mouse set ? Preferably something older.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Yeah I heard a lot of times that if you are working with something newer when installing windows or using BIOS, you need to wait about 30-45 sec so the system can recognize that. Did you try another keyboard/mouse set ? Preferably something older.

No I haven't, so pretty much it's a normal thing I should deal with?

No I haven't, so pretty much it's a normal thing I should deal with?

Well can you boot to BIOS/UEFI immediately with that keyboard ? 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

I've never ever heard this. What good would a new kind of keyboard and mouse be if you can't access your system for almost a minute?

Also my new Corsair Vengeance K70 or my SteelSeries Sensei doesn't have this problem so I'm not sure where you heard this information.

Running Windows 7 Professional x64 w/ a 256 GB Samsung Pro SSD and I can type as soon as the password prompt comes up 100% of the time.

The only issue I am aware of is @ the BIOS. You have to turn the speed of your keyboard down sometimes. Hence why the k70 has a switch on it to do just that.

Surely I can't be a fluke and everything is working fine whilst everyone else is having issues.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Well can you boot to BIOS/UEFI immediately with that keyboard ? 

I've never ever heard this. What good would a new kind of keyboard and mouse be if you can't access your system for almost a minute?

Also my new Corsair Vengeance K70 or my SteelSeries Sensei doesn't have this problem so I'm not sure where you heard this information from.

Running Windows 7 Professional x64 w/ a 256 GB Samsung Pro SSD.

The only issue I am aware of is @ the BIOS. You have to turn the speed of your keyboard down sometimes. Hence why the k70 has a switch on it to do just that.

Surely I can't be a fluke and everything is working fine whilst everyone else is having issues.

Yes I can boot the bios with my keyboard! and ik I was thinking the same thing, why would my $70 mouse have a delay on boot

>.<

Yes I can boot the bios with my keyboard! and ik I was thinking the same thing, why would my $70 mouse have a delay on boot

>.<

Guys sorry maybe I missunderstood, but I´ve read about it somewhere that it can happen. Just because MOBO can have hard time of recognising it. 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Guys sorry maybe I missunderstood, but I´ve read about it somewhere that it can happen. Just because MOBO can have hard time of recognising it. 

Maybe this is true, I really don't know I just hope there is a way to fix it :) Thanks for your help though

Maybe this is true, I really don't know I just hope there is a way to fix it :) Thanks for your help though

You could try to uninstall the usb drivers, reboot. Maybe that fixes it :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

You said you were plugging the keyboard/mouse into USB 2.0 ports? Plug them into 3.0 ports if you have them. If you don't have them that might be part of the problem. Also switch ports if you haven't already. Do this when your computer is turned off, not when it is turned on.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

You said you were plugging the keyboard/mouse into USB 2.0 ports? Plug them into 3.0 ports if you have them. If you don't have them that might be part of the problem. Also switch ports if you haven't already. Do this when your computer is turned off, not when it is turned on.

Yes I have two open USB 3.0 ports!

Yes I have two open USB 3.0 ports!

So did it work?

PSU

So did it work?

checking later, playing games rn xD I'll let you know though thanks

checking later, playing games rn xD I'll let you know though thanks

I am curious as well :D So try another ports as Advent says. Or it could be in the device manager. Try to uninstall the keyboard/mouse under USB and reboot, win should download the drivers. Maybe that does the trick :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

this wont help but i had the same problem put it in another port and work fine than later put it back to the previous port and work all the time now this was 2 days new system and windows i also have a corsair k70  and a m60 mouse

i did some drivers installs after that and installed the corsair mouse software

Only thing I can think of is that Windows is taking a while to load/recognise drivers. Make sure your USB, keyboard and mouse drivers are all up to date. 

Only thing I can think of is that Windows is taking a while to load/recognise drivers. Make sure your USB, keyboard and mouse drivers are all up to date. 

cool avatar whats the anime name?

sword art online?

cool avatar whats the anime name?

sword art online?

Yep, Sword Art Online. From the final fight with Kayaba Akihiko 

..?

Also my new Corsair Vengeance K70 or my SteelSeries Sensei doesn't have this problem so I'm not sure where you heard this information.

Running Windows 7 Professional x64 w/ a 256 GB Samsung Pro SSD and I can type as soon as the password prompt comes up 100% of the time.

I second this... My Ducky Shine 3 and my Tesoro Shrike which are both pretty new peripherals have never had this problem, and I've never heard of it being one either.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I am curious as well :D So try another ports as Advent says. Or it could be in the device manager. Try to uninstall the keyboard/mouse under USB and reboot, win should download the drivers. Maybe that does the trick :)

Worked for the mouse! not for the keyboard, maybe cause its wireless?

Worked for the mouse! not for the keyboard, maybe cause its wireless?

Did you move the wireless connector/hub to the USB 3.0 slot?

PSU