Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alternative to TeamViewer

 Share

I have used TeamViewer to connect to my home PC, home server and my parent's laptop for 5+ years.

 

However, TeamViewer recently began 'suspecting' me of using it for commercial purposes.

 

Clearly their automated detection system is wrong but their customer support is extremely slow and I have an LAN party weekend coming up in five days or so and during that time, I'd like to be able to access my server remotely.

 

I don't want to use Windows' built-in software; I like how TeamViewer lets me add computers - so I can just double-click on them to connect.

 

eb_tvss-1.png.b0fd135660e2148ecb7f04d00c12d6fa.png

 

Any ideas of alternatives?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 32 GB DDR4-3600, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. More.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kingmustard said:

I have used TeamViewer to connect to my home PC, home server and my parent's laptop for 5+ years.

 

However, TeamViewer recently began 'suspecting' me of using it for commercial purposes.

 

Clearly their automated detection system is wrong but their customer support is extremely slow and I have an LAN party coming up next weekend and during that time, I'd like to be able to access my server remotely.

 

I don't want to use Windows' built-in software; I like how TeamViewer lets me add computers - so I can just double-click on them to connect.

 

eb_tvss-1.png.b0fd135660e2148ecb7f04d00c12d6fa.png

 

Any ideas of alternatives?

anydesk.com 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

UltraVNC as free alternative, Radmin as paid but cheap alternative. Both usimg direct connection, so you must configure router and have external IP. But Is better that way. And Radmin is fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, homeap5 said:

UltraVNC as free alternative, Radmin as paid but cheap alternative. Both usimg direct connection, so you must configure router and have external IP. But Is better that way. And Radmin is fast.

Is there any software where I don't have to bother with router configuration?

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 32 GB DDR4-3600, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080. More.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kingmustard said:

Is there any software where I don't have to bother with router configuration?

I can help you with configuration. Is really easy. Just one port forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×